Looking for available travel experts
A trip to Tajikistan will take you to a natural paradise. The country's snow-capped Fann Mountains are a dream for any avid trekker in search of adventure, while its turquoise lakes and nature refuges are picturesque delights for those a bit tamer at heart. The country has experienced clashes with government forces from Afghanistan in recent years. Therefore, always check your country's travel advice before planning a holiday to Tajikistan.
- See the bright blue and yellow mosaics of the Haji Yaqub Mosque in Dushanbe
- Stroll through the flowery paths of Rudaki Park
- Swim in the perfectly clear waters of the Alauddin Lakes in Du-Oba
- Take a ride on the Pamir Highway, one of the world's most scenic (and nail-biting) drives
- Experience the impressive Islamic architecture of Gissar Fort
- Bring your hiking shoes! 93% of the country’s landscape is mountain range, making it near impossible to avoid incline. No trip to Tajikistan would be complete without at least one hike. Know your limits and never attempt difficult trails if you are a novice hiker.
- Even in cities, WiFi can be scarce, slow and expensive in Tajikistan. Be prepared to go without internet for much of your trip - otherwise be prepared to pay for it!
- In Tajikistan, you will experience hospitality like nowhere else on Earth. The locals are very fond of visitors. Don't be surprised if they invite you into their homes (most likely for a meal).
- While Tajikistan has a reputation for terrorism and drug-related crime, the country's crime rate is relatively low and it remains a safer destination than many of its neighbouring countries. As always, keep your wits about you and check your country's travel advice before planning a trip.
- In Tajikistan, you eat dessert first (sort of). A typical Tajik meal starts with a selection of sweets like dried fruit and halva, before moving on to soup and meat. The meal is usually finished with plov (pilaf).
Tajikistan has seasonal weather so please do check up on best time to visit Tajikistan before planning your tour.