Costa Rica is filled with great opportunities for family adventures. Here are some of our top picks for an amazing Costa Rica family trip:
- Family tour to Arenal Volcano and the Monteverde Cloud Forest: Take your family on a trip to see the Arenal Volcano, where you can also soak in natural hot springs and hike through the canopy of a cloud forest in Monteverde. Your children will particularly love the zip-lining experience over the cloud forest canopy.
- Go on a Family getaway in Costa Rica: Sometimes, it’s nice to just chill out. On a Costa Rica family trip you can relax on pristine beaches and paddleboard in La Fortuna. The whole family can learn how to make tortillas, and then take guided walks to see some of the country’s unique flora and fauna.
- Family trip in Tortuguero rainforest: Described as “the Amazon of Costa Rica”, this national park on the Caribbean coast is a great place to experience the rich natural wonders of Costa Rica. Explore canals, lagoons and wetlands on guided boat trips and maybe watch green sea turtles laying eggs on a white sand beach. This is a great chance for your kids to learn about Costa Rica’s diverse ecosystem while the adults relax.
- Luxury Family tour to Costa Rica: Combine a relaxing and educational family adventure with luxury accommodation and exclusive private excursions to some of Costa Rica’s unique destinations. Get up close and personal with iguanas, caimans and bats in their natural habitat with a naturalist guide in Cano Negro, learn traditional Costa Rican handcrafts in San Jose, and see Manual Antonio Natural Park while enjoying the comfort of private resorts.
- Budget Family tour to Costa Rica: Self-guided tour itineraries will allow you and your loved ones to explore lush jungles, tumbling waterfalls, and pristine beaches at your own pace and in a cost-effective way. Take the kids to meet the locals in the rural village of Coope San Juan or bask in the hot springs in La Fortuna.
Family tours in Costa Rica offer fun, education and relaxation for the entire family. Here are a couple of suggestions:
Costa Rica family tour packages cater to a short holiday as well as a longer adventure. Here are some suggestions:
Our travel experts can design a perfect family trip that includes all your personal requirements. Book a customized trip to Costa Rica with the assistance of our local travel specialists.
- Discover the unique biodiversity of the Costa Rican rainforest and learn how eco-tourism is helping to conserve the country’s natural landscapes.
- Get up close and personal with jaguars, sea turtles, iguanas and colorful tree frogs on guided rainforest hikes with trained naturalists.
- Costa Rica family vacations can be tailored to meet your exact needs and handle all the travel logistics.
- With many wetlands and jungles, Costa Rica is a haven for flying and biting insects. So it would be wise to bring bug spray and mosquito nets on your trip.
- Kids dehydrate faster than adults, so make sure they drink plenty of fluids, especially if you are hiking or doing lots of physical activities. Tap water in Costa Rica is generally safe to drink
- The Costa Rican currency is the Colon but US dollars are accepted almost everywhere.
- The best time to take a Costa Rica trip with your family is between December and April when the weather is sunny and dry. Fewer tourists visit Costa Rica in the wetter months of May, June and November, so you can choose these months to avoid crowds.