Looking for available travel experts
As the majestic peak of Mount Ararat looms in the distance, Armenia waits to be discovered all over again. With a unique blend of modern architecture and ancient ruins and relics, Armenia has a history that is sure to fascinate those who take a trip to this beautiful country a part of their future.
- Be sure to explore Yerevan, the capital city, and visit the Matenadaran library, home to ancient manuscripts of both Greek and Armenian antiquity.
- Take a stroll through Republic Square (formerly Lenin Square) and enjoy the beautiful singing fountains that spray jets of brightly lit water high into the air.
- Visit the medieval chapel of Katoghike Church that still serves as a house of prayer today.
- Take the kids for a day of fun at Yerevan Water World; with indoor and outdoor attractions, this is a great option any time of year!
- Carved out of a mountain, the medieval monastery of Geghard dates back to the 4th century, and offers 21st century visitors both spectacular views, and a glimpse into antiquity.
- Don’t be overcharged for your transportation; a ride in a taxi should cost between 100-150 Dram per kilometer; if the meter is running faster than that, they may be over-charging you.
- When on a holiday in Armenia be smart and do not keep all of your documents, cash, or credit cards in the same place. Be sure to secure your valuables, especially when using public transportation, which can be overcrowded at times.
- Check with your mobile provider to ensure that they offer coverage in Armenia, as not all companies do. Make sure friends and family back home know how to get in touch with you.