Panama - Travel Highlights and Travel Tips
Best known for the man-made Panama Canal, a trip to Panama will bring you to a mixture of old age charm and new age modernity. There is much more to see and do in this paradise. As the last country in Central America, Panama has a lot to live up to but they more than deliver with the culture and the incredible places to see. Holidaying in Panama is bound to leave you speechless.
- Live on the edge of the Atlantic and the Pacific and marvel at the Panama Canal.
- Get to know the local wildlife, of which there are over 300 mammals and 900 birds.
- Pick from the multitude of beaches that the country has to offer.
- Explore the postcard picturesque Archipiélago de Bocas del Toro.
- Bike the Amadour Causeway, to see a cityscape or the canal, depending on where you look.
- Explore the history at Panama Viejo, which was one of the biggest Spanish trading centers.
- Tour a coffee plantation and get the fix you need of real Panamanian coffee.
- Understand the indigenous people of Panama by meeting the Emberra Indians.
- If you want to drink, stick with beer; it’s cheaper.
- Avoid hot water; it will cost you more. The weather is so hot you probably won’t need it anyway.
- Tap water is safe to drink, so don’t worry about spending the money on bottles.
- Eat at the stands if you want to save money on food.
- Break larger bills because taxi drivers and shop keepers may not accept them.
- Stay on the path when exploring; don’t be tempted to go off the path.
- While snorkelling, be a relaxed and you will be viiewed as less of a threat by the aquatic wildlife.
- Beware of falling coconuts; they can cause injury.