Looking for available travel experts
Spending holidays in Finland is like visiting a winter wonderland. However, this northern European nation rarely gets the attention it deserves. Finland is one of the most outstanding and breath-taking countries in the world. In winter, its snow-covered forests, frozen valleys, and endless horizons will transport you to a fairy-tale world. During the summer, tree lines as far as the eye can see, clear blue skies, and untouched lakes will make you want to stay forever. A trip to Finland needs to be in your travel bucket list if it isn’t already. Don’t miss out on some of the most breath-taking landscapes on earth.
- Visit Suomenlinna, which is an 18th century sea fortress and a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Visit Helsinki Senate Square, a must-see in every visit to Helsinki.
- Rovaniemi is the “official” home of Santa Claus, and a mere one hour flight from Helsinki.
- Högberget’s Cave is another outstanding sight that was formed during an ice age.
- The Legendary Gold Fields of Lapland is full of myths and adventure.
- Finland is the land of saunas. It would be a crime to not seek one out while visiting. The country claims to have roughly 3.5 million saunas in all of Finland, which is equivalent to a sauna for every 1.6 people.
- Thanks to the strong influences from Sweden and Russia, Finnish architecture is one of the most breath-taking ones in Europe. Go for a walk around Helsinki and admire the architecture, especially works by Alvar Aalto.
- If you’re looking to connect with nature, there’s no better place than Finland. Pack appropriately and head out to the Finnish archipelago for an amazing experience.
- If you’re not planning on driving, then it’s a good idea to obtain a Rail Pass while in Finland. These passes could save you quite a bit on transportation, and help you get around the country easily.
- For those who want to visit Finland on a budget, opt for the Fall and Winter months. Prices at these times are, as you might expect, much cheaper than the high season. Frozen Finnish landscapes are truly mesmerizing, which makes it absolutely worth it.
- If you’re hunting for northern lights, then the winter months are the best times to visit. Sign up for a northern light safari, and go out hunting for northern lights on a snowmobile!
Finland has seasonal weather so please do check up on best time to visit Finland before planning your tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in Finland, do check out our Finland Travel Guide for more information.