- Learn the rich art and history of this region's wine making culture
- Stop by the Golden Gate Bridge for photo opportunities
- Enjoy the excellent views of the beautiful Sonoma Countryside
- Wonderful selection of wine tastings are included on this tour.
Your tour begins in San Francisco, heading through the Marina District and the Presidio, and crossing the Golden Gate Bridge before stopping at North Vista Point for a brief photo stop with breathtaking views of the San Francisco skyline. Taking in the scenery in Marin County, we enter the Wine Country in the southern region of Carneros, heading further into the charming town of Sonoma. In Sonoma and Napa Valley you will visit between 3 to 4 wineries, spanning from mass production vineyards to smaller boutique wineries. After a full day of relaxation and wine tasting among the vineyards and rolling hills, we head back to San Francisco between 5 pm and 6 pm.
Your tour will be aboard a luxury minibus. We avoid using large motor coaches, keeping group sizes to around 30, which gives us more flexibility and makes for a much more pleasant experience. Wine tasting is included in the price, as well as a picnic style lunch, which we enjoy in an outdoor setting, usually at a winery.
The highlight of this tour is a visit to three to four wineries in Napa Valley or Sonoma, from the larger, industrial wineries to the smaller, unique boutique wineries. Guests enjoy the opportunity to experience, first hand, the care and craftsmanship that goes into each bottle of their favorite California Wines. Relax in the comfort of your luxury minivan as you are escorted in and around the winemaking Mecca of North America. You will visit Napa Valley & Sonoma’s most famous wineries with each of them offering a distinct wine-tasting experience: One that will make memories that last a lifetime.
- Viansa Winery & Italian Marketplace: Founded in 1890 by Sam and Vicki Sebastiani, Viansa Winery & Italian Marketplace is a destination winery in the Carneros grape-growing region at the entrance to Sonoma Valley's Wine Country.
- Sonoma Square: Enjoy cheese tasting at Vella Cheese Factory and Sonoma Jack Cheese Factory and see General Vallejo's historic home and buildings.
- Domaine Carneros: In the heart of the Carneros appellation stands a majestic chateau, which houses Domaine Carneros winery. The chateau is considered one of the most beautiful wineries in North America.
- Kirkland Ranch Winery: At the Kirkland Ranch Winery, you'll find an unpretentious and down-to-earth operation. Enjoy excellent wines while spending time in front of the fireplaces or on the veranda overlooking Jamieson Canyon.
- Cline Cellars Vineyard: Located on a 350-Acre Estate in the Carneros District of Sonoma County best known for its zinfandel and distinctive rhone-style wines.
- Homewood Winery: This smaller boutique winery limits its annual production to only 3,000 cases. Originally a home vineyard operation you'll enjoy the smaller "family feel" of this winery.
- Hotel pick-up
- Wine tasting for three wineries
- Picnic style lunch (bread, cheese, vegetables, crackers, dips etc.)
- Guide and Host
Wine tasting fees are included for 3 wineries; 4th winery (time permitting) at own cost (approx. $5 per person).
Hotel pickup is available in the downtown area (Union Square, Financial District, Nob Hill, Lombard Street, Embarcadero and SOMA) but need to be booked in advance.
We will visit 3 to 4 wineries depending on time and traffic; stops are subject to change without notice.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.