Cruise in Turkey: Our Recommendations
- 104 views
- ~ mins read
Cruise holidays in Turkey are fast becoming one of the most popular choices among travelers. From the eclectic Mediterranean in the south to the Aegean sea in the west and the tranquil black sea coast in the north, Turkey offers unmatched cruise experience—and all for a reasonable price.
Here are the five best cruises in Turkey for you to explore.
- From South Africa
1. Best of Turkey by Gulet
A gulet cruise in Turkey sets sail on an authentic wooden vessel, built specifically in Bodrum or Marmaris to see the most notable highlights around Turkey.
- A 12-day gulet cruise takes you past Istanbul, Troy, Ephesus, and other west-coast highlights.
- You must book your cruise at least two months in advance.
- The least expensive months for a gulet tour in Turkey are May and October, while July and August are slightly more expensive.
2. Black Sea Cruise
The north coast of Turkey stretches from Istanbul in the west to the border of Georgia in the east. Take a Black Sea Cruise in Turkey to see where east meets west.
- From the imposing skyline of Istanbul to the underrated shoreline of Trabzon, a Black Sea Cruise is equal parts exploration and recreation.
- There are three departure months for these tours: May, September, and October.
- You need to book this tour at least three months in advance, as group sizes are limited and they fill up fast.
3. Aegean Cruise
Spend two weeks relaxing on the Aegean Sea with Turkey to Greece cruises that include some of the most idyllic locations. The Kusadasi port will be your gateway to the ancient world after visiting the beaches of the Greek islands.
- After visiting the sublime shoreline of Santorini and Mykonos, you will reach the fascinating locations on Turkey’s coast, including Ephesus, Pamukkale, and Izmir.
- Turkey to Greece cruises are particularly popular and you need to book at least six weeks in advance.
- These cruises run from March to October, with the ideal months being March, April, September, and October.
4. Bosphorus Cruise
The Bosphorus Strait is an imposing body of water carving its way through Istanbul’s Asian and European shores. Spend an afternoon on a Bosphorus cruise to admire the city’s unique skyline, or enjoy delectable traditional food.
- Cruise along the Golden Horn to see icons like the Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia and Rumeli Castle illuminated at night.
- Bosphorus Cruises can be booked on the day of travel, as there are dozens of boats available. But if you want to book a smaller intimate cruise, it is better to book a couple of days in advance.
5. Family Cruise on Turquoise Coast
Head to the south of Turkey to explore the enigmatic Turquoise Coast. In this eight-day adventure you will stop at places like Kekova, Fethiye and Yassica Island, as well as visit the rugged coves and shorelines.
- You will visit the ruins of Caunus, snorkel around the deserted Gemiler Island, and see Xanthos, the capital of ancient Lycia, in this cruise tour.
- The tour starts from Fethiye but flights are not included in the tour price.
- You should book this cruise tour more than three months in advance, as very few spots are available. Try arriving a day before the trip to avoid unnecessary delays.
A cruise in Turkey offers a balance between historical and cultural exploration and relaxing holiday experience at some of the most beautiful locations in Turkey. Contact our local travel experts and go on a customized cruise trip to Turkey.