- Bicycle tour
- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Ride around the ancient ruins of Anuradhapura on a bike tour, cycling through jungle to see the dagobas, palaces and pools of a city abandoned over 1000 years ago.
- Climb the rock fortress of Sigiriya to the ancient ruins that lie atop the 200metrehigh summit and get panoramic views over the surrounding wilderness.
- Explore the divine city of Kandy, mingling with pilgrims at the Temple of the Tooth, touring a tea factory and taking in the views of this lush lakefront town.
- Fall in love with Sri Lankan food and get to know locals during experiences like lunching with a Tamil tea worker and a homecooking demonstration.
This tour eliminates guess work and immerses you in the must-sees, must-tastes and must-meets of this beautiful country. In other words, the best stuff. Like summiting Lion Rock in Sigiriya, cycling through sprawling ancient city ruins in Anuradhapura and touring massive granite Buddha carvings in Polonnaruwa. But the best doesn’t just mean the biggest. The best is also having lunch with a Tamil tea worker in their home, relaxing with a cold beer and your feet in the sand in Mirissa and hiking between plantations and villages in Haputale. In fact, we think the best is doing all that and more in one 15-day tour.
Sigiriya – Kandy
- Hotels (12 nights), Local Lodge (1 night), Permanent Tented Camp (with basic facilities) (1 nt)
- 12 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Train , Bicycle
- An expert tour leader
- Anuradhapura - Bodhi Tree Temple
- Anuradhapura - Bike tour
- Polonnaruwa - Bike Tour
- Dambulla - Cave Temples
- Kandy - Temple of the Tooth with pooja ceremony
- Sigiriya - Lion Rock
- Kandy - Tea factory visit
- Bandarawela - Cooking demonstration & local meal
- Hill Country trek
- Galle - Walking tour
- Colombo - City tour by bus
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 68+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The summer months in Sri Lanka are very hot with short, sharp monsoons in the southwest of the country. Please consider your suitability to the time of year you wish to travel and be sure to use adequate sun protection and drink plenty of water.
- This trip includes hiking on Days 9 and 10, an awesome way to see the picturesque hill country and interact with the local Tamil people. The hike is over relatively flat ground and covers approximately 20 kilometres each day. We recommend a basic level of fitness as some have found the experience physically demanding. Parts of the trails are on rough ground which can be muddy and slippery if it’s been raining. If you feel you are not able to complete these walks, we can arrange vehicle transport for you.
- The views from the top of Lion Rock in Sigiriya are spectacular, but getting there involves walking up uneven, narrow steps and navigating tight walkways. If you’ve got a fear of heights or conditions that affect mobility you may wish to sit this activity out.
- The drive to Mirissa on Day 11 is downhill, windy and slow. Motion sickness has been an issue for some travellers in the past. If you believe you might be affected, speak with your GP before travelling about medication that can help.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description