- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the Serengeti, a wildlife arena like no other, and look for lions, leopards, elephants and giraffes in this iconic park.
- Take a mindblowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an openroof 4WD vehicle for a chance to see endangered black rhinoceros.
- Embark on a hike through the Usambara Mountains to the Irente viewpoint, then stop at a farm on the way back for a picnic lunch.
- Wander around Stone Town’s bustling bazaars and fragrant spice markets and consider heading on an optional guided tour of the island’s spice plantations.
Overland with Lonely Planet and Intrepid on a 12-day eastern Africa experience, all the way to Zanzibar. Whether you’re spotting lions deep in the Serengeti, hiking a lush mountain trail in the Usambara Mountains, cruising on a traditional dhow in the Indian Ocean’s azure waters or interacting with local communities near Mto wa Mbu, you’re set to learn a thing or two about the wonders of these lands and its people. Travel with an expert local leader and a group of likeminded adventurers keen to scour every inch of the Ngorongoro Crater for the Big Five and share travel stories over a seafood meal in Zanzibar.
all in all a great tour.”
Mto wa Mbu
Ngorongoro Crater / Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park / Mto wa Mbu
Dar es Salaam
Zanzibar Northern Beaches
Zanzibar Northern Beaches
- Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nights), Camping (with facilities) (5 nights), Hotel (2 nights), Bungalow (2 nights)
- 11 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , 4x4 Safari Vehicle , Ferry , Minibus
- An expert tour leader
- Ngorongoro Crater - 4x4 Game Drive
- Serengeti National Park - 4x4 Game Drive
- Mto Wa Mbu - Village walk & local dinner
- Irente - Lushoto hike
- Irente - Local lunch
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Stone Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Road to Zanzibar tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Road to Zanzibar tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Road to Zanzibar tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Road to Zanzibar tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- Camp in the Serengeti National Park itself without fences between you and the animals. Your leader will brief you on the safety measures the group will need to take for the two nights spent in the park.
- At Usambara Mountains, the group will do an easy hike to the beautiful Irente viewpoint.
- The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip.
- Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip. To see what you're missing out on check out our Gorillas, Game Parks & Beaches trip.Or if you'd like to kick on to Victoria Falls, check out out Kenya to Victoria Falls trip.
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions