- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- You've never seen true colour until you've been to a Mexican market. Practice your bargaining skills, snap some photos and pick up traditional handicrafts at the markets in Mexico City and Puebla.
- Eat your way through arty Oaxaca at its many market vendors and authentic restaurants – mole poblano and mezcal for dinner? Delicioso!
- Escape the Mexican heat in the highlands of San Cristobal de las Casas. This town is surrounded by indigenous villages where traditional customs and roots are thriving.
- Chichen Itza is one the New Seven Wonders of the World. It's not hard to see why – strolling around the ancient Maya ruins feels pretty wondrous.
Explore the heart of Mexico's Aztec, Zapotec, Maya and Spanish cultures on this 15-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. Discover ruins, visit pueblos and meet wonderful people on a tour that covers all the basics so you can get to exploring. Enjoy the relaxed shores of the Yucatan Peninsula, unravel the magnificent mystery of the ancient civilisations in Chichen Itza and immerse yourself in pre-Hispanic culture in San Cristobal de las Casas. With plenty of opportunities for swimming, snorkelling and hiking, this is the ideal introduction to one of Central America's most colourful and exciting destinations.
Oaxaca / Overnight Bus
San Cristobal de las Casas
San Cristobal de las Casas
Palenque Ruins / Merida
Chichen Itza / Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
- Hotel (13 nights), Overnight bus (1 night)
- 1 Lunch
- Private vehicle , Public bus , Local bus , Overnight public bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Mexico City - Leader-led Taco Crawl
- Mexico City - Leader-led City Tour of Historic Center
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Puebla - Leader-led orientation walk
- Puebla - Visit to La Pasita Bar
- Oaxaca - Leader-led orientation walk
- San Cristobal de Las Casas - Leader-led City Tour
- San Juan Chamula - Maya Church (entrance fee)
- Zinacantan - Maya Church (entrance fee)
- Agua Azul - Waterfall Visit (entrance fee)
- Palenque - Palenque Ruins (entrance fee)
- Merida - Leader-led orientation walk
- Chichen Itza - Archaeological site (entrance fee, no guide)
- Playa del Carmen - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Playa Del Carmen are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mexico Unplugged tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 55+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mexico Unplugged tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 May 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mexico Unplugged tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mexico Unplugged tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves some long days of travel by private and local transport, including one overnight bus. While this can be tiring, it's also a fantastic way to rub shoulders with the locals and get under the skin of a place.
- Mexico's climate is sultry and tropical, so can get really hot and humid. Wear loose clothing and make sure you stay hydrated, especially while out on walking tours.
- Try to learn as many Spanish words as you can before the trip. In many of the destinations we visit, local people are reserved and/or do not speak English. Attempting to communicate in Spanish is a great way of showing you care.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers