- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Spot mysterious geishas in Kyoto's Gion district
- Experience cherry blossom season or beautiful autumn colours
- Watch the famous snow monkeys bathing in hot springs
- Take the incredible high speed 'bullet train'
Ancient wooden temples, raked-pebble Zen gardens and chanting Buddhist monks juxtaposed with space-age towers, neon lights and bullet trains; Japan’s captivating blend of old and new is legendary. As we explore the southern and western stretches of Honshu, Japan's largest island, we discover the country's unique culture amongst the serene shrines and gardens of Nara and Kyoto and the rarely visited mountainous heartland of castles and spas. Our last stop is the vast and futuristic capital city of Tokyo: sprawling, inimitably busy, welcoming and extraordinary.
The shrines, temples and breathtaking scenery were memorable but so was enjoying traditional Japanese restaurants and being introduced to a vast selection of street food.”
Morning visit to Nijo castle and Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion); afternoon
guided walk through beautiful shrines and temples
Day trip to Nara, ancient capital of Japan. Visit impressive UNESCO temples
including Toda-ji, housing the world's largest bronze statue of the Buddha
Free day in Kyoto; relax in one of the many zen gardens, walk the popular
Philospher Path or experience a traditional tea ceremony
Day trip to Hiroshima; visit Peace Memorial Park and the pretty island of
Travel from Kyoto to Takayama, a traditional old town set amid the 'Japanese
Alps'; visit the Hida Folk Village
Orientation tour in Takayama and free day to explore its peaceful shrines and
On to the mediaeval village of Tsumago; short leisurely walk on the Nakasendo
trail; train to Matsumoto
Visit the famous Matsumoto Castle and travel by train to spa town of
Yudanaka; soak in a hot spring
See the famous Snow Monkeys before travelling by train to Tokyo; evening
Optional trip to Hakone and Mount Fuji or to the lovely seaside town of
A full day city tour of Tokyo including the Senso-ji Temple
Free day for further exploration; optional karaoke farewell night
- 10 nights hotels and 3 nights ryokans/minshukus (traditional Japanese guesthouses) , All accommodation
- 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners
- 14 days land only / 16 days flight inclusive
- Travel by train, bus, metro, ferry and private minibus
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group arrival transfer (for group flight)
- Sightseeing on foot and 2 short daywalks
- Group normally 6 to 18, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Special cherry blossom and autumn colours departures
- Free departure transfer by shuttle service (must be booked in advance before trip commences with Exodus and is subject to availability)
- Japan Rail Pass
- Any international flights to Kyoto and from Tokyo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ancient & Modern Japan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 184 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 20 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Ancient & Modern Japan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ancient & Modern Japan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.