- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 18 days
- tour type Private and Group
- age requirement 16+ years old
- max group size 35
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Nepal's highest trekking peak.
- Excellent views (8,000 m): Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Kanchenjungha etc.
You will need to make use of ice axes and crampons during this trip, but you will be taught how to use them, and you can be rest assured of learning to use them like a pro. On the way to Mera Peak and from Mera Peak, you can check out some of the most stunning mountain peaks of Nepal - the Mt. Everest (8,848m.), Mt. Lhotse (8,516m.), Mt Cho-Oyu (8,201m.), Mt Makalu (8,463m.), Mt Nuptse (7855m.), Mt Kanchenjunga (8586m.) and Mt Chamlang (7319m.).
Apart from spectacular Himalayan scenery, your Mera Peak trekking tour is sure to make you experience the local culture during your interactions with the communities of the Tamang, Brahman, Chhetri, and Newar, including of course the Sherpas, famous for the coveted mountaineering skills.
The trail that you shall embark on will take you through fascinating rhododendron landscapes, majestic mountain terrains, enchanting lakes and lush oak forests. As you approach Mera Peak, the path becomes more and more challenging and you shall also encounter a few crevasses. This is where our unique mountaineering tours and skilled mountain guides make all the difference, as they help you navigate with ease.
After your arrival at Lukla, the airport in the Everest region, we will walk all along a high rocky edge through dense forests and cross several rivers before reaching a pass taking us to the rural Honku Valley. Trekking in this pristine area is sure to be one of the most memorable experiences of your life.
When reaching Khare at 5,099m, we will setup our first climbing camp. The next day will follow a glacier which shall take us to Mera La at a height of 5,415 m. Our destination on the third day is the high camp of Mera Peak. From this high camp, you can see great views of the world's highest peaks such as Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Chamlang, Mt Everest, Mt. Lhotse etc. The following day we will finally get atop Mera Peak giving us life time experience in terms of overcoming a great challenge and getting a fantastic panoramic view of the Himalayas.
For a detailed intinerary of your Mera Peak Trekking Tour, we request you to see the itinerary.
Basic climbing training is done at Khare Camp.”
Day 1: Fly to Lukla (2,856m) & Trek to Chutok La pass (2,945m)
Day 2: Trek to Pangkongma crossing Col Khari La (3,081m)
Day 3: Trek from Pangkongma (2,950m) to Kurke (3,800m)
Day 4: Trek from Kurke to Thuli Kharka (4,200m)
Day 5: Trek from Thuli Kharka to Kothe (3,800m)
Day 6: Trek from Kothe to Tangnag (4,350m)
Day 7: Acclimatization at Thangnak
Day 8: Trek from Thangnak to Khare
Day 9: Soar Mera Base Camp (5,200m) via Mera La pass (5,415m)
Day 10: Ascent to the High Camp (5,780m)
Day 11: Summit Mera peak (6654 m) & back to the Base Camp
Day 12: Extra day to Summit Mera Peak in case of bad weather
Day 13: Trek back to Thangnak
Day 14: Trek to Tashing Dingma
Day 15: Trek to Chetava Kharka
Day 16: Trek to Chuthangma
Day 17: Trek to Lukla
Day 18: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Airport pick up and drop off, upon arrival and departure in Kathmandu (International and domestic both).
- Mera Peak climbing permit fee.
- Makalu Barun National Park entrance fee and Khumbu Pashang Lhamu Rural Municipality fee.
- Food during the trek and climb (full board with breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- All guesthouse accommodation during the trekking period and North Face, Salewa, Mountain Hardware or similar tented camp accommodation during the climbing period.
- High altitude climbing leader (Sherpa guide) licensed by Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA).
- Well experienced English speaking assistant guide if the group size exceeds 5+ persons.
- Group climbing equipment including ropes, ice screws, snow bars, harness, carbine, eight figure etc.
- Domestic flight Kathmandu / Ramechhap - Lukla - Kathmandu / Ramechhap inclusive with all taxes and transfers.
- Satellite phone.
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Unique Adventure sleeping bag, down jacket and duffel bag.
- First aid medical kit, Oxymeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
- All organisational requirements.
- Hotel in KTM/Night
- Nepal visa (USD 30 for 15 days and USD 50 for 30 days).
- Your international flight to and from Nepal.
- Travel insurance (for helicopter evacuation if needed whilst trekking / climbing).
- Hotels in Kathmandu.
- Porters to carry luggage (you can add a porter when booking).
- Bar and beverage bills, tea / coffee / drinking water. Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, internet, battery charger, hot shower etc
- Tips for guide, porter, driver.
- Earn US$ 70+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationNOTE: 1. Urgent Notice for Domestic Flights (To/From Lukla) The Government of Nepal has announced the halt of all flight operations from Kathmandu to Lukla, tentatively. Flights to Lukla have now been re-directed to Manthali airport in the district of Ramechhap which is 132 Km east of Kathmandu until further notice, to avoid the heavy traffic congestion at Kathmandu airport. The airport in Ramechhap physically sits in the Tamakoshi River Valley and is located 132 km from Kathmandu (an approximately 3-4 hours drive). However, the early morning flight which departs at 6 am in the morning from Kathmandu will be available throughout this period, subject to early bookings at least 6 months to 1 year in advance prior to all Everest trips, which can be tedious in the peak season periods of spring and autumn. This too, is not guaranteed due to inclement weather patterns in these climatic changing times. All other flights after 6 am to Lukla will only be available from the airport in Ramechhap. Other than this, optionally, helicopter arrangements can be made for 5 people on a sharing basis with an addition of USD 500 for a one way flight per person with an exclusive choice [only yours] to change your airplane flights to the helicopter. We will try to coordinate ways to form groups at the airport for this arrangement, but again, this too cannot be guaranteed, especially in peak season periods. The drive to Ramechhap and flight to Lukla is almost always guaranteed unless the flight is canceled due to bad weather conditions. Travelers are requested to advise us on your preferred alternatives for flights to/from Lukla if/when possible delays or disruptions occur. We would truly appreciate your patience to bear with us in the mentioned circumstances above. Climate change and our, should we say, blessed geographical conditions; which can be a monster when least expected, has become the relevant cause for this, making us victims of unseen circumstances beyond our control. Thank you so much for your kind understanding. Recommended gear: Waterproof jackets Warm fleece jackets, jerseys, pullovers Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light leather boots Sleeping bags (preferably those rated -20 degree Celsius. You can rent them in Kathmandu) A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband Fleece wind-stopper jackets (optional) Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jackets Down vests and/or jackets (optional) Lightweight gloves Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer Sun hats/scarfs Light balaclavas/warm fleece hats Sunglasses with UV protection T-shirts Underwear Hiking shorts Lightweight cotton long pants Light, expedition-weight thermal bottoms Fleece or woollen pants Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants Thin, lightweight inner socks Thick, warm wool hiking socks Hiking boots with spare laces Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals) Other necessary equipment: Headlamps (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag Basic first aid kits (We also provide a comprehensive first aid medical kit and oxymeter to the head guide) Large plastic bags to keep items dry inside your trekking bag Day packs (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches) Water bottles (2 bottles recommended) Toiletries Small wash towels COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
- I need personal climbing equipment. Can I rent it from the tour operator?
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.