You can enjoy a wide range of Nepal tour packages for families. Here are some of our favorite Nepal itineraries for families:
- Explore the cultural heritages in Kathmandu Valley with family: Let your kids unwind at a trampoline park, an indoor ice skating rink, water park, or a wall climbing center to set the tone of the vacation. Then embark on a culturally enriching day for both kids and adults by visiting Basantapur Durbar Square. Enjoy some traditional Newari or Tibetan cuisines for a family dinner or explore the buzzing streets and alleyways to shop for curios and souvenirs on a cultural tour in Kathmandu.
- Family Fun in Pokhara: Take a casual family outing in Pokhara around the lakeside or enjoy an afternoon boating in one of the lakes. Phewa Lake is the most popular one, where you can paddle your way to the beautiful Tal Barahi Temple. If you want a more peaceful escape, avoid the crowds at Begnas Lake. For more fun and excitement, head to Sarangkot for paragliding or ziplining. But do make sure that your children are above the stipulated age limit.
- Greet the Wildlife in Bardia National Park on a family safari: Head to Bardia National Park and take a guided jungle walk, a jeep safari with your loved ones and catch the sights of the endangered Bengal tiger and one-horned rhinoceros. If you want to extend your stay, the kids can enjoy camping nearby and visiting a village inhabited by the indigenous Tharu community.
- Luxury family tour in Nepal: Stay in luxury four- and five-star accommodations with all the comforts imaginable and travel in private vehicles on luxury family tours in Nepal. No long, uncomfortable bus travel for your family! Benefit from having itineraries and guides that are specifically designed to appeal to all age ranges, including exclusive tours and attractions, like private tours of Boudhanath Stupa or go white water rafting!
- Budget family tour in Nepal: Enjoy the sightseeing tours of major highlights with your family and stay in well-kept budget hotels, or family-run homestays, where children will find someone their own age to play and interact with. Staying in homestays is a great way for you and your family to exchange cultures and learn about local lifestyle. Eat authentic Nepali cuisines in street markets, and watch as your kids find a new favorite food.
No matter what your family wants out of a vacation to Nepal, there is a family tour package to suit your needs:
No matter whether you and your family have ample vacation time or just a couple of days to spare in Nepal, we have tours to suit all durations:
Should you have custom requirements when it comes to designing the perfect family tour in Nepal, you could also submit a customized trip request for Nepal.
- If your family is starting to get weary or is short on time, opt to explore Kathmandu by rickshaw. You’ll save time and your kids will love weaving in between the traffic.
- You can benefit from luggage and porter services that whisk your bags from stop to stop while you and your family can enjoy the vacation.
- Some tours can feel too tedious for children, hopping between temples with no time for fun. Choosing a tailored tour specifically for families is a great way to keep everyone happy.
- Permits or tickets may need to be booked months in advance. When you book a family tour, all the major permits are included. Some short treks, like Poon Hill, do not require permits for kids under 10.
- The Himalayas are cold but the UV rays up there is no joke. Bring some child-specific sunscreen with you as you may struggle to find it locally.
- If you are taking your children on a trek, make sure you have a couple of practice weekends back home so your kids know what to expect.
- Nepal is a super family-friendly country and its culture is massively family-oriented. So if you can stay in a homestay, it will be a wonderful experience for all involved.