- Food tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Search for the Big 5 in Kruger National Park
- Soweto Tour, an integral town in the fight against apartheid
- Tsitsikamma National Park A marine and forest park in the heart of the famous Garden Route.
- Cape Town A beautiful city surrounded by mountain and sea.
A trip to discover the highlights of South Africa, including understanding the turbulent history in Soweto, searching for wildlife in Kruger, travelling along the iconic Garden Route to see penguins and try delicious wines in the Cape Winelands, all before ending in colourful Cape Town. Tsitsikamma National Park - A marine and forest park in the heart of the famous Garden Route Stellenbosch - World renowned vineyards overlooked by stunning, rugged mountains Hermanus - The best place in Southern Africa to admire whales (in season).
Day 1 : Join trip in Johannesburg in the morning; Afternoon Soweto Township tour
Day 2 : Drive to Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, stopping at Blyde River Canyon viewpoints along the way
Day 3 : Full day safari inside Kruger National Park in search of the Big Five
Day 4 : Morning and afternoon game drives in Kruger National Park
Day 5 : Travel back to Johannesburg before a late afternoon flight down to Port Elizabeth
Day 6 : Spend the day exploring Storms River Mouth in Tsitsikamma National Park; a marine and forest wonderland
Day 7 : An opportunity to explore the rainforest on an adventurous canopy tour; Afternoon walk in Robberg Nature Reserve
Day 8 : Free morning to explore Plettenberg beaches, followed by afternoon wine tasting in The Crags wine region
Day 9 : Full day drive along the Garden Route to Hermanus, visiting Knysna and Albertinia along the way
Day 10 : Land-based whale watching in Hermanus (seasonal), or walk in Fernkloof Nature Reserve (out of season)
Day 11 : Visit the African Penguin colony at Betty's Bay; arrive in Stellenbosch for optional wine tasting or walking food tour
Day 12 : Travel on to Cape Town and visit Table Mountain by cable car
Day 13 : Free day or optional trips to Robben Island or Cape Point
Day 14 : Trip ends in Cape Town
- 13 Breakfasts
- Aero Guest Lodge (1 night)
- Timbavati Safari Lodge (3 nights)
- The Kelway Hotel (1 night)
- Tube n Axe (1 night)
- The Dunes Resort (2 nights)
- Windsor Hotel (2 nights)
- Rivierbos Guesthouse (1 night)
- Lady Hamilton Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Africa Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 107+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Africa Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Africa Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.