- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- Search for the Big 5 in Kruger National Park
- Soweto Tour, an integral town in the fight against apartheid
- Tsitsikamma National Park A marine and forest park in the heart of the famous Garden Route.
- Cape Town A beautiful city surrounded by mountain and sea.
A trip to discover the highlights of South Africa, including understanding the turbulent history in Soweto, searching for wildlife in Kruger, travelling along the iconic Garden Route to see penguins and try delicious wines in the Cape Winelands, all before ending in colourful Cape Town. Tsitsikamma National Park - A marine and forest park in the heart of the famous Garden Route Stellenbosch - World renowned vineyards overlooked by stunning, rugged mountains Hermanus - The best place in Southern Africa to admire whales (in season).
Explore's estimate of daily spending was way out.. .meals were about £2 - the most we paid was £5 (once!).
Overall, it was a brilliant trip... we were very lucky to have Reza as our guide. The Iranian people were incredibly welcoming, open and hospitable. The places we visited were stunning, and I'd recommend the trip to anyone.”
Day 1 : Join trip in Johannesburg in the morning; Afternoon Soweto Township tour
Day 2 : Drive to Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, stopping at Blyde River Canyon viewpoints along the way
Day 3 : Full day safari inside Kruger National Park in search of the Big Five
Day 4 : Morning and afternoon game drives in Kruger National Park
Day 5 : Travel back to Johannesburg before a late afternoon flight down to Port Elizabeth
Day 6 : Spend the day exploring Storms River Mouth in Tsitsikamma National Park; a marine and forest wonderland
Day 7 : An opportunity to explore the rainforest on an adventurous canopy tour; Afternoon walk in Robberg Nature Reserve
Day 8 : Free morning to explore Plettenberg beaches, followed by afternoon wine tasting in The Crags wine region
Day 9 : Full day drive along the Garden Route to Hermanus, visiting Knysna and Albertinia along the way
Day 10 : Land-based whale watching in Hermanus (seasonal), or walk in Fernkloof Nature Reserve (out of season)
Day 11 : Visit the African Penguin colony at Betty's Bay; arrive in Stellenbosch for optional wine tasting or walking food tour
Day 12 : Travel on to Cape Town and visit Table Mountain by cable car
Day 13 : Free day or optional trips to Robben Island or Cape Point
Day 14 : Trip ends in Cape Town
- 5 nights comfortable lodge
- 7 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night comfortable guesthouse
- 13 Breakfast
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s)
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Africa Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 148 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 98 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 281 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 07 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
South Africa Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.