- Bicycle tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Take a cycling holiday through Vietnam’s most scenic landscapesSavour mouthwatering cuisineCrawl through the Cu Chi war tunnelsRelax in charming Hoi AnCruise among the limestone formations of Halong BayOvernight on a tropical island
We ride from vibrant Saigon in the south to the thrilling capital of Hanoi in the north on this two week cycling tour, travelling on tarmac roads through colourful fishing villages, folding rice terraces and mountains cloaked in jungle. The vast shoreline of white sandy beaches is ours to discover along the way, with time to swim in the sea on a tropical island retreat. Stopping off at the ancient trading port of Hoi An, home to temples and wooden merchant houses, we delve into the peacefulness of rural Vietnam before ascending the Hai Van Pass, riding along twisting coastal roads that lead to remarkable views of the misty forest below.
Day 1: Start Saigon
Day 2: Transfer out of the city; cycle to the Cu Chi tunnels
Day 3: Cycle towards the coast and drive to Mui Ne
Day 4: Cycle to Dalat in the Central Highlands
Day 5: Cycle through Bidoup N.P.; to the coast and boat transfer to Whale Island
Day 6: Cruise around islands with seafood lunch and snorkelling
Day 7: Coastal ride to Quy Nhon
Day 8: Further coastal ride stopping en route at sand dunes; then transfer to Hoi An
Day 9: Sightseeing in Hoi An; free afternoon
Day 10: Ride over the spectacular Hai Van Pass; cycle and drive on to Hue
Day 11: Explore Hue and surroundings by bike and boat; overnight train to Hanoi
Day 12: Arrive Hanoi; drive to Halong Bay; board boat and cruise/kayak among
spectacular limestone formations
Day 13: Further cruising in Halong Bay; return to Hanoi
Day 14: End Hanoi
- 11 nights comfortable hotels, 1 night boat, 1 night sleeper train,All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 9 lunches and 1 dinner
- 9 days cycling (including 1 optional ride) with 90% vehicle support
- MOV departures)
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Group normally 5 to 18, plus local leaders,Tour leader throughout
- Roads nearly all good tarmac
- The route is generally flat with some undulation and the exception of
- Dalat and the
- Extension (from
- Reap) available to book pre tour
- Penh to
- Extension available to book pre tour (selected
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Ho Chi Minh City and from Hanoi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling Vietnam tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling Vietnam tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling Vietnam tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling Vietnam tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.