Everest Panorama Trek - Overview
The Everest Panorama Trek is a shorter version of the Everest Base Camp trek that lets you enjoy a similar experience, in half the time. The Everest Panorama Trek is perfect for people who wish to see the Himalayas, Mount Everest and other majestic mountains in all their beauty, but are short on time to go for a full Everest Base Camp trek.
The Himalayas is one of the few destinations that lets you enjoy the best of adventure, natural beauty, romance, culture and history in the same itinerary. The Everest Panorama Trek is an excellent trek that reminds you of everything your modern-day lifestyle forces you to ignore.
The Everest Panorama Trek is perfect to catch a glimpse of the traditional Himalayan lifestyle. It doesn’t take you all the way to Everest Base Camp, but it still manages to present mesmerizing views of some of the most enchanting mountains in the region. You also get to see a number of cultural heritage sites, enjoy crossing high suspension bridges, meet the yaks, pass Buddhist prayer rocks and explore rhododendron and pine forests.
The trek offers some of the most enchanting sunrise views of Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Everest, from a view point located 1-hour walk from Namche Bazaar. You also get the opportunity to see the beautiful monastery and spectacular natural beauty of Tengboche. From Phakding you can enjoy great views of Mt. Kusumkangaru and Mt. Kongde, two of the most technical peaks in Nepal.
|Everest Panorama Trek - Trek Facts|
|Trek Difficulty:||Level 3 - Medium|
|Trek Duration:||6-10 days|
|Remoteness:||Fairly remote but a well-serviced trail|
|Max Altitude:||3,873 meters at Tengboche|
|Accommodation:||Basic teahouses/ moderately-priced lodges / expensive guesthouses|
|Best season:||Mar-May, Oct-Nov|
|Transport To/From Trek:||Flight to the town of Lukla; also accessible by taking a bus to Shivalaya and then a few days of trekking up to Lukla.|
Everest Panorama - Itinerary
The following is the standard itinerary for the Everest Panorama Trek. It may vary slightly depending the final trekking company that you choose to go with:
- Day 01: Fly to Lukla & trek to Monjo (2,800 m), 4-5 hrs
- Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,445 m), 3-4 hours
- Day 03: Acclimatisation day in Namche Bazaar
- Day 04: Trek to Tengboche (3,873 m), 5-6 hrs
- Day 05: Trek to Phakding (2,610 m), 4-5 hrs
- Day 06: Phakding to Lukla (2,860 m), 3-4 hrs
- Day 07: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight (1,400 m)
There are other trekking options in the Everest region, beside the 7-day Everest Panorama trek:
- The standard Everest Base Camp trek is similar to this trek but it takes you all the way to the Everest Base Camp. It can be completed in 12 days.
- If you have more time on your hands then you may want to opt for the Everest Base Camp - 3 Passes Trek, which is a 15-day trek that goes through three high mountain passes.
- Gokyo and Everest Base Camp trek is another trek in the Everest region. It explores the Base Camp area as well as the Gokyo valley with its spectacular lakes. This trek can be completed in 14 days.
Safety is of utmost concern here at BookMundi and we put special emphasis on the following:
- All trekking agencies on Bookmundi.com are carefully chosen and are assessed on their safety standards after every trek, via trekkers’ feedback.
- The trekking agencies will go through safety procedures with you during your pre-trek meeting about the Everest Panorama trek.
- Please make sure you dress appropriately for the Everest Panorama trek based on the climate of the time of the year.