- Festivals and events
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The magnificent cave temple at Dambulla and the ruins at Polonnaruwa
- Cycle trip through a series of lakes and a rice paddy plantation
- Climb the rock fortress at Sigirya for breathtaking views
- Explore the beautiful lakeside town of Kandy
With so much diversity Sri Lanka has enough to keep even the most jaded traveller engrossed for several weeks. However, for those with less time this trip visits the essential highlights. The island is packed with Buddhist cities, fragrant spice gardens, ancient fortresses and a multitude of temples all set amongst the verdant flora that only a tropical climate can produce. With a cycle ride and visits to historic cities and temples included, this is a busy itinerary but with enough time to unwind and enjoy some tropical sun.
Day 1: Start Wattala.
Day 2: *Game drive near Giritale to see elephants in their natural habitat.*
Day 3: *Cycle trip to Dambalawewa Lake with a village lunch.*
Day 4: *Visit ancient capital city of Polonnaruwa; to Sigiriya; evening visit to
Day 5: *To Kandy via the cave temples at Dambulla; visit Temple of the Tooth.*
Day 6: Drive through misty tea country hills to Nuwara Eliya
Day 7: To Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia via Bandaragama Agro Village
Day 8: *The trip ends after breakfast. Those on the group flights will be taken to
the airport in time for their flight home.*
- 7 nights comfortable hotels , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 3 lunches
- Travel by private bus or minibus
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sri Lankan Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 58+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sri Lankan Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sri Lankan Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lankan Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.