- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Traverse Patagonia from the remote northern part to the south
- Trek the spectacular ‘W’ Trek in Torres del Paine National Park
- Ascend to the base of Torres del Paine for one of the most unforgettable mountain views in the world
- Undertake day walks in impressive Los Glaciares National Park
Seasoned trekkers now have a new playground in Patagonia. The opening of a new route linking Chile and Argentina offers a traverse of untouched national parks, from the Southern Ice cap to the towers of Paine. This trek is sure to captivate the most seasoned trekker and offers the opportunity to traverse Patagonia, travelling its length from Coyhaique in the north to Puerto Natales in the South, mostly on foot and by boat via some of the most captivating and untouched national parks in the region. We begin in Balmaceda with a long drive down the Austral road to our lodge at Puerto Guadal, where the lake gives way to a breathtaking mountain vista beyond compare. Our forays into the mountains surrounding the lake set the scene for the rest of the trip. Our journey takes us via Villa O'Higgins, so named for the hero of Chilean independence, Bernardo O'Higgins, before joining our boat to cross Lago O'Higgins, with the Southern Patagonian Icefield in our midst. A recently opened pass between the shores of Lago O'Higgins in Chile and Laguna del Desierto in Argentina offers a unique way to continue our traverse and offers a side to Patagonia rarely seen by other trekkers. Of course our trip does not end there and continues to Los Glaciares National Park, home to a stunning array of granite spires including Cerro Torre and Cerro Fitz Roy and onwards to El Calafate where another perspective of the Southern Patagonian Icecap at the Perito Moreno Glacier is on offer. Of course no trip to Patagonia is complete without trekking in the Paine National Park. Here complete the 'W' trek and enjoy forays to the Grey Glacier, up the French Valley and the Ascensio Valley before we finally ascend to the base of Torres del Paine for one of the most unforgettable mountain views in the world, before driving across the pampas to Punta Arenas where our traverse concludes.
Day 1 : Join Balmaceda (before 12:00), drive to Puerto Guadal via Coyhaique
Day 2 : Full day trekking in the Veranada area
Day 3 : Trek to Lake Leones to view the Leones Glacier
Day 4 : Transfer to Villa O'Higgins
Day 5 : Embark at Bahamondez port, cross Lago O'Higgins by boat
Day 6 : Cross into Argentina via Laguna Redonda and Laguna del Desierto
Day 7-8 : Los Glaciares National Park
Day 9 : Drive to El Calafate and visit Perito Moreno Glacier
Day 10 : Drive to Torres del Paine National Park
Day 11 : Trek to the Grey Glacier mirador
Day 12 : Hike to Refugio Los Cuernos & The French Valley
Day 13 : Trek to Las Torres
Day 14 : Trek up the Ascensio Valley to the base of Torres del Paine and return to Las Torres
Day 15 : Drive to Punta Arenas airport where trip concludes
- Comfortable lodges and hotels
- 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 10 dinners
- One group transfer included in Balmaceda on day 1 and from Torres del Paine to Punta Arenas on day 15
- All internal ground transport by private bus for groups of 7 or more people
- Expert bilingual guide
- Refugios or camping (incl all equipment required) in Torres Del Paine and basic homestay/estancia in Candelario Mancilla
- All national park and site entry fees
- Horses to carry equipment on day 6
- Boat trips on Lago O'Higgins and Laguna Desierto
- Group medical kit
- Internal flights
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Bottle water, aerated and alcoholic beverages
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 316 today.
- Earn US$ 210+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Great Patagonian Traverse tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Great Patagonian Traverse tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Great Patagonian Traverse tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.