- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-16205
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Marvel at the ancient Silk Road cities of Bukhara & Samarkand
- Explore the Zaamin National Park on mountain trails
- Cycle off the beaten track trails
- Experience remote Nurata mountain villages
- Enjoy an authentic family homestay experience
A true adventure for those that want a unique biking experience. This amazing, all encompassing journey explores Uzbekistan by bike and discovers at handle bar level this friendly land. Without a doubt cycling is one of the finest ways to explore a country and to appreciate the contrasting desert and mountain landscapes that characterise this fascinating region. Pedalling at a steady pace we journey across this vast and impressive land. Spend nights in yurts, hotels and traditional homestay/guesthouse. Discover the traditional way of life of the local people in the Nurata Mountains, and explore dramatic gorges, valleys and lakes. Our complete service includes comfortable geared bikes and backup vehicle. Discover Samarkand, the grand capital of the conqueror Tamerlane, and admire the grace of the blue-tiled Registan. Explore Bukhara, whose ancient city centre is a maze of mud-walled homes, mosques and stone bazaars.
Day 1 : Join Tashkent Uzbekistan, sightseeing
Day 2 : Transfer to Nevich, cycling
Day 3 : Kumyshkan Village to Karamanas Village
Day 4 : Transfer to Beldersay, cycling
Day 5 : Cycling to Charvak, transfer to Tashkent
Day 6 : Transfer to Zaamin National Park, cycling
Day 7 : Cycle Suffa Plateau to Bakhmal village, transfer to Jizzakh
Day 8 : Transfer to Ortacheku Rocks, cycle to Asmansay
Day 9 : Cycle to Hayat village
Day 10 : Cycle to Temir Kovuk village
Day 11 : Lake Aydarkul, transfer to Bukhara
Day 12 : Sightseeing in Bukhara
Day 13 : Sightseeing in Samarkand
Day 14 : Samarkand sightseeing, transfer to Tashkent
Day 15 : In Tashkent, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels on twin share basis
- Yurt camp on multi-share basis (no single accommodation possible)
- Simple homestay/guesthouse on multi-share basis (no single accommodation possible)
- 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 14 dinners
- Arrival & departure airport transfers in Tashkent
- Private transport throughout & support vehicle during cycling
- Local English-speaking guide; and local cycling guide/mechanic on the cycling days
- Mountain bike and cycling helmet
- Entrance fees to museums and monuments
- Medical kit
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, bottled mineral water, soft drinks, alcohol etc
- Optional activities and sightseeing during free time
- Still/video camera fees at museums and monuments
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 140+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uzbekistan by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 May 2024, a deposit of 317 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uzbekistan by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uzbekistan by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.