JANJanAvg Daily: 16 °C 61 °F Avg Nightly: 13 °C 55 °FAvg Rainfall: 95 mm
FEBFebAvg Daily: 16 °C 61 °F Avg Nightly: 13 °C 55 °FAvg Rainfall: 63 mm
MARMarAvg Daily: 20 °C 68 °F Avg Nightly: 15 °C 59 °FAvg Rainfall: 37 mm
APRAprAvg Daily: 20 °C 68 °F Avg Nightly: 17 °C 63 °FAvg Rainfall: 26 mm
MAYMayAvg Daily: 24 °C 75 °F Avg Nightly: 20 °C 68 °FAvg Rainfall: 9 mm
JUNJunAvg Daily: 29 °C 84 °F Avg Nightly: 24 °C 75 °FAvg Rainfall: 5 mm
JULJulAvg Daily: 32 °C 90 °F Avg Nightly: 27 °C 81 °FAvg Rainfall: 0 mm
AUGAugAvg Daily: 32 °C 90 °F Avg Nightly: 28 °C 82 °FAvg Rainfall: 6 mm
SEPSepAvg Daily: 28 °C 82 °F Avg Nightly: 25 °C 77 °FAvg Rainfall: 67 mm
OCTOctAvg Daily: 25 °C 77 °F Avg Nightly: 22 °C 72 °FAvg Rainfall: 77 mm
NOVNovAvg Daily: 21 °C 70 °F Avg Nightly: 18 °C 64 °FAvg Rainfall: 109 mm
DECDecAvg Daily: 18 °C 64 °F Avg Nightly: 15 °C 59 °FAvg Rainfall: 108 mm
Malta is a charming small archipelago that offers a lot of activities. It has a rich history and boasts a relaxed vibe. You can see ancient structures, visit great museums and swim in a beautiful sea there. Also, you will find traces of ancient times mixing with modern structures on Malta's islands. As you get around, you can see old temples, churches and medieval forts. Coming to this UNESCO site is always the right thing. So, let's see when you should visit Malta for the best experience.
- High Season: June to August
- Low Season: December to February
- All Seasons: June to August (high season), March to May (shoulder season), December to February (low season) and September to November (shoulder season).
The high season is the best time to visit Malta. The weather is ideal for outdoor activities, sightseeing and swimming.
During the low season, you will have a lot of rainy days and high rainfall in Malta. Temperatures aren't especially low, but many showers occur at this time of the year. This period is the budget hunters’ season.
Coming to Malta from March to May is ideal for combining some big benefits. Prices are low and days are sunnier. Sea temperatures become suitable for swimming by the end of this season.
The period from September to November is great for visiting Malta. Sea temperatures are ideal for swimming throughout this period. As winter draws nearer, temperatures drop and rainfall increases.
June to August – High Season
This time of year is the high season on the islands of Malta. Temperatures are pleasant and it rarely gets hot. Breezes from the sea cool down Malta, but humidity tends to be high. Rainfall is insignificant, so you may leave an umbrella at home. Malta is especially crowded in July and August and rates are the highest.
- Avg. Temperature: 75° – 90°F / 24° – 32°C (in Valletta)
- Rainfall: 10 mm
- Season: Dry / Summer
- Highlights: Enjoying the beaches of Malta is the best in summer. For the premium experience, go to Gozo Island, where you can find diving centers. They will take you to dive among shipwrecks and discover the rich marine life. Sea kayaking is also great. Since Malta is flat, walking around and biking are very enjoyable.
September to November – Shoulder Season
Early fall is the best time to visit Malta for a relaxing holiday. Tourist crowds are gone and the weather is still very nice. Summer heat lingers in September while the rainy season begins in November. The countryside is colorful and skies are usually clear. Rain comes in short showers.
- Avg. Temperature: 64° – 82°F / 18° – 28°C (in Valletta)
- Rainfall: 250 mm
- Season: Mostly dry / Fall
- Highlights: Fall is the best time to visit Malta for a quiet holiday. The landscape is beautiful, the sea is warm and you will have a lot of sunny days. Much less tourists come to the beaches and to visit attractions. Hence, Malta is great in fall for sunbathing and sightseeing.
December to February – Low Season
After November, December and January are the rainiest months. Strong winds go with short, yet intense showers, and you may get completely wet even if you have an umbrella. The outdated drainage system is the reason for streams flowing in the streets. In the countryside, large lakes form and traffic stops. By the seaside, winds tend to make waves several meters high. Still, winter in Malta features mild temperatures and a lot of sunshine.
- Avg. Temperature: 55° – 64°F / 13° – 18°C (in Valletta)
- Rainfall: 265 mm
- Season: Wet / Winter
- Highlights: If you don't mind a few potential inconveniences caused by rain, you can enjoy an affordable stay in Malta in winter. Christmas is a great time for visiting Malta. In February, when rainfall decreases, you can come to attend the Carnival. Except on these occasions and the New Year, prices are low.
March to May – Shoulder Season
In spring, you will have more sunny hours and much less rainfall. Temperatures are on the rise, tourists are few and rates are still low. If you don't mind somewhat cooler sea, you can swim in May.
- Avg. Temperature: 59° – 75°F / 15° – 24°C (in Valletta)
- Rainfall: 70 mm
- Season: Dry / Spring
- Highlights: Spring in Malta is great for a relaxing holiday. Then, you will enjoy the blossoming countryside. Also, churches, museums, forts and other attractions are empty. May is ideal for sunbathing on the beach.
Malta is a year-round destination. In summer, seaside activities are at their best. Then, you can enjoy premium swimming, diving and sunbathing. Winter is the best season for an affordable holiday. Fall is ideal for combining benefits offered by a nice weather and lower prices. Finally, for appreciating Malta's attractions absent tourist crowds, come here in spring.