- Sightseeing tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Angkor Wat Temple
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Excellent value for money
Angkor Wat was built between 1113-1150 AD. and dedicated to Vishnu, the Hindu god of preservation. It's the best preserved of all the temples. Its layout and its scale are simply breathtaking, the wall surrounding the enclosure measures 1,000 by 800 meters and the moat, said to represent the oceans of the world is 200 meters wide. Angkor Wat is an architectural allegory of the mythical Mount Meru in the center of the world (Himalaya). This amazing temple homes the longest continuous bas relief in the world, which runs along the outer gallery walls.
We also explore the Angkor Thom complex. Its vast walls, some 6m wide, 8m high and 13km in length contain many monuments. Inside the walls the king, his relatives and officials, military officers and priests took residence, the rest of the people lived outside of the great enclosure, between the two artificial lakes. Our visit will begin with the South Gate, a beautiful introduction to Angkor Thom with well-restored statues of Asuras (demons) and gods lining the bridge. Inside the complex, we will first visit the Bayon with 200 endless smiling faces. We will continue to the Elephant Terrace, which owes its name to its outstanding depiction of these animals and the Terrace of Leper King, which presents a magnificent sculpture, popularly known as the leper king. Then we continue the tour to Ta Phrom, a monastery built by the king Jayavarman VII.
Ta Phrom has been controversially left to the destructive power of the jungle by French archaeologists to demonstrate the awesome power of nature. It has been largely consumed by the jungle and as you will climb through the dilapidated stone structures you will see many giant trees growing out of the top of the temple itself. At every turn, you will expect to see Indiana Jones or Lara Croft step out from behind a fallen pillar around you!
This tour concludes with a return transfer to your hotel or any requested drop off point within the city center.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by shared air-conditioned mini bus/van
- English-speaking tour guide
- Bottled water
- Group tour
- Local taxes
- 1-day entrance ticket to Angkor National Park (37$ per person and required). Can be bought on site.
- Food and drinks
- Travel insurance
- Other personal expenses
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationConfirmation will be received at time of booking Adult pricing applies to all travelers Long pants or knee-length skirts/dresses are required for visiting the temples Variable group size depends on daily booking numbers A moderate amount of walking is involved Children must be accompanied by an adult