- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This is our most popular trip in China and one of the top trips from the entire Intrepid range. The trip may be quick, but it is packed full of experiences that will give you a great insight into China in a short time.
- In addition to the main highlights in the big cities of Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai, you'll get a glimpse of smalltown life in Xitang and a taste of the countryside when we stay near the Great Wall.
- Our small group size allows us to explore destinations on foot together, eat in authentic local restaurants, travel by subway and train, and escape the tourist traps all under the expert guidance of a passionate local leader.
- Spend the night in a charming, familyrun guesthouse near the Great Wall. Learn how to make dumplings for dinner and see this iconic structure without the masses.
Get a taste of historical China on this culture-stuffed adventure. Travel from Shanghai to Beijing, taking in iconic attractions such as the Great Wall and Terracotta Warriors along the way. In between the well-known sights, you'll delve beneath the surface, making dumplings with a family who lives near the Great Wall and exploring the quiet canals in the ancient water town of Xitang.
all in all a great tour.”
Shanghai - Xitang
Xitang - Overnight train
Great Wall - Beijing
- Hotel (6 nights), Overnight Sleeper Train (1 night), Guesthouse (1 night)
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Overnight Sleeper Train , Private Vehicle , Public Bus , High Speed Train , Subway
- Shanghai - Leader-led walking tour
- Xitang - Leader-led walking tour
- Xi'an - Leader-led Muslim Quarter walking tour
- Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors Tour (entrace fee, transport, local guide included)
- Xi'an - Home-cooked lunch
- Great Wall - Dumpling making demonstration
- Great Wall - Jinshanling section
- Beijing - Forbidden City (entrance fee included)
- Beijing - Tiananmen Square
- Any international flights to Shanghai and from Beijing are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this China Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 46+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 02 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
China Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The overnight train travel included on this trip is in “hard sleeper” class – carriages sectioned off into 3 tier/6 berth compartments. It’s not luxury, but it’s efficient and a great local experience. If you would prefer more comfort, upgrades to “soft sleeper” (2 tier/4 berth compartments with lockable doors) can be requested, subject to availability, through your booking agent. If you would prefer a trip without overnight train travel, check out our Explore China (CBKS), Beijing to Hong Kong Adventure (CBSJ) or China: Great Wall Hike, Bike & Kung Fu (CBXG).
- Be prepared for some long travel days as we need to cover plenty of ground in order to see China's main highlights and include a good variety of experiences.
- We pack a lot in over a short amount of time, so we highly recommend extra time in Shanghai and Beijing before or after your trip to experience more of what these great cities have to offer.
- As a short, city-based trip there isn't a lot of time to experience China's beautiful natural landscapes or get further off the beaten track. If you have more time to explore, consider our North China Getaway (CBRF), China Experience (CBSE), or China's Silk Road (CBSZ) trips.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Alternate Joining point description
Alternate Joining point instructions