- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Shopping and Markets
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-10596
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Explore the seven hills of Lisbon.
- Step back in history wandering charming hill towns.
- Taste local delicacies and become a port wine connoisseur.
- Soak up classic European culture.
In Portugal, the sun is bright, the food is delicious, and the living is easy. Wander the hilly streets of coastal Lisbon, where you can munch on a custard tart while gazing at sun-dappled architecture. Get your fill of history and culture at UNESCO World Heritage Sites like the Monastery of Batalha, Coimbra University, and the picturesque town of Sintra (optional). End the tour in Porto, where the majestic Douro Valley begs for you to lounge back with a glass of port wine in hand. Felicidades! And welcome to Portugal.
Day 1: Lisbon
Day 2: Lisbon
Day 3: Lisbon/Coimbra
Day 4: Coimbra
Day 5: Coimbra/Porto
Day 6: Porto
Day 7: Porto
- Hotels (6 nts).
6 breakfasts, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD200-260 for meals not included.
- Walking, private vehicle, train.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Foodie Moment: Fado Night with Traditional Portuguese Meal
- Your Hands-On Moment: Port Wine Cellar Visit
- Lisbon orientation walk
- Fado performance with traditional Portuguese dinner
- Batalha gothic monastery entrance and visit
- Porto orientation walk
- Port wine cellars visit and tasting
- Transport to/from all included activities and between all destinations
- Any international flights to Lisbon and from Porto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Portugal tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Portugal tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 April 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 April 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Portugal tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Portugal tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
- What is the best time to go to Portugal?
What are the best places to travel to in Portugal?
The best places to visit in Portugal are going to depend on your preference. If you are into medieval cities, head to Obidos. The town is also popular for its chocolate festival. If you are looking for a relaxed surf town vibe, then Ericeira or Peniche is what you are looking for. For a foodie adventure, Porto will satiate all your culinary desires.
- How many days should you spend in Portugal?
- What is the best way to travel in Portugal?