Europe - Tour Package Highlights and Trip Insights
With so much to see, do, eat and buy, planning a Europe tour is no easy feat. There are, of course, the typical sightseeing musts: Paris’ Louvre, London’s Tower Bridge, and Rome’s Colosseum. Even Europe’s most frequent visitors will always find something new to discover. Read on for our top Europe tour highlights and Europe trip insights.
Europe Tour Package Highlights
- Go back in time and explore the ruins of ancient civilizations in Italy and Greece
- Snack on cheese and wine (or escargot, if you’re feeling adventurous) in the Champ de Mars, beneath the Eiffel Tower
- Ride a bicycle through the townhouse-lined streets of Amsterdam before touring the canals by boat
- Listen to the romantic songs of the gondoliers as you cruise through the canals of Venice
- Indulge in an authentic Belgian waffle, drowned in chocolate
- Enjoy an ice-cold beer from a beer stein at Oktoberfest in Germany
- Hike from village to village in Italy’s Cinque Terre
- Get lost between the shelves of some of the world’s most beautiful libraries, like those at Trinity College (Dublin, Ireland), Mafra Palace (Mafra, Portugal), and the Clementinum Baroque Library Hall (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Join a Europe tour that goes through many of Europe's travel highlights in countries such as Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands and Scandinavia.
- Popular Europe package tours such as Mega European, Grand European, European Experience, European Heritage, are great ways to explore Europe.
Europe Trip Insights
- Traveling by rail is one of the easiest (and sometimes cheapest) ways to get around Europe, especially if you plan to travel for a couple of weeks (or longer). Investigate rail passes before you visit, particularly ones that can be used between countries. Interrail and Eurail are very popular among travelers.
- Don’t skip the “touristy” destinations. Everyone travels differently, but the most popular European highlights are popular for a reason. Brave the crowds and be sure to stop by those more cliché sites - you’ll be glad you did.
- Try not to over prepare! One of the great benefits of visiting Europe is that it’s incredibly easy to travel between towns and countries. Allow yourself some flexibility to open yourself up to new adventures (and avoid travel burnout). If you've booked a Europe tour package with accommodation, activities, guides etc. get ready to indulge and relax - you are up for a Europe trip of a lifetime.
- Chances are you don’t speak 23 different languages, so be prepared before you travel. Avoid carrying around heavy guide books by downloading a translation app on your phone.
- Note that not all European countries use the Euro, including the United Kingdom, Denmark and Hungary (among others). Do your research beforehand and be ready to juggle different currencies if you’re planning an extensive trip.
- Travelling on a budget? Check our last minute holiday and travel deals to Europe. Also, consider looking for accommodation outside the city centre. Most large European cities are very well connected by public transportation, meaning all your bucket list sites are just a quick (and often inexpensive) bus, train, or metro ride away.