- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Bicycle tour
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Search for the Big 5 on game drives in the worldrenowned Kruger National Park
- Marvel at the breathtaking Blyde River Canyon with the Three Rondavels and Bourke’s Luck Potholes
- Cycle through the scenic Limpopo and Mpumalanga Provinces in NorthEastern South Africa
- Experience this diverse region, its history, culture and cuisine
Combine a stunning cycle journey with a safari experience in Kruger National Park. Our fully supported cycle journey explores the scenic Limpopo and Mpumalanga Provinces in the North-Eastern part of South Africa. Major highlights include spotting game at the world-renowned Kruger National Park, the breathtaking Blyde River Canyon and the picturesque Panorama Route with the Three Rondavels and Bourke's Luck Potholes. This tour is designed to offer you the opportunity to experience the culture, nature, cuisine and attractions of this diverse region at handlebar level.
Day 1 : Join Johannesburg
Day 2 : Transfer to Private Game Lodge near Bandelierkop
Day 3 : Commence cycling (20-40km)
Day 4 : Cycle to Letsitele and Kaross (25km)
Day 5 : Cycle in the Wolkberg Mountains (15-45km)
Day 6 : Cycle along the Blyde River, transfer to Kruger National Park (37km)
Day 7 : Game drive in Kruger National Park
Day 8 : Cycle from Blyde River Canyon to Lisbon Falls and Bourke's Luck Potholes (20-40km)
Day 9 : Cycle to Echo Caves (27km)
Day 10 : Early morning game walk, transfer to Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport (HDS), trip concludes
- 9 nights in comfortable hotels and guesthouses on a twinshare basis
- 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 8 dinners
- Arrival transfer from Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport (JNB) on day 1 only
- Departure transfer to Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport (HDS) on day 10 only
- Support vehicle on cycling days
- Private transport
- English speaking cycling guide
- Local bicycle hire
- Bike helmet (NB - Helmet use is mandatory on our cycle tours. You are strongly encouraged to bring your own well-fitted helmet to guarantee optimum protection. However, we do offer helmets free of charge. Please inform us if you would like a helmet and an approximate size).
- Limited number of e-bikes can be hired locally (additional cost applies)
- Medical kit
- National park fees and site entrance fees as listed in itinerary
- Game drives and activities as listed in itinerary
- Drinking water for the cycling stages
- International & domestic flights and departure taxes
- Visa costs
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 115+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Africa Cycling Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 August 2021, a deposit of 353 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Africa Cycling Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa Cycling Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.