Guilin — Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
Guilin Tour Highlights
- Cruising the Li River is the most relaxing and remarkable way to soak up views of the pointy karst peaks.
- Take your most Instagram-worthy shots while standing amid the Longsheng Rice Terraces — these spectacularly lush hills will be embossed in your brain long after your trip has ended.
- Make your travel to Guilin well-worth it by climbing up Elephant Trunk Hill; this natural arch over the Li River offers a stunning view.
- Visiting the Yangshuo county feels like traveling back in time. The slow pace of daily life in the mountainous countryside is a scene to watch.
- Visit the Moon and Sun Pagodas in the city center; these towers are wonderfully illuminated, which makes for a sight not to be missed.
- Explore the magnificent rock formations in the Reed Flute Cave that have been enhanced by multicolored lighting.
- Find refreshment in the Gudong Waterfalls, where you can dip in the basin and climb the falls itself.
Guilin Travel Tips
- Although November to March isn’t the warmest period of the year, you’ll have some sights all for yourself if you go on a holiday to Guilin during this low season.
- Visitors can stay visa-free in Guilin for up to 72 hours, in case of lay-over and an outbound flight to a third country.
- Download the Maps.me application to get an idea of directions and scale of the area.
- Keep your valuables close to your body and money in a money belt. Although crime rates are low, Guilin deals with frequent pick-pocketers.