- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This is one of our most comprehensive trips in China, taking in key destinations from north to south with plenty of variety in experiences and sights along the way
- Travel by overnight train to get a sense of the vastness of this country, as well as zip between cities on this highspeed rail network
- Take through the iconic scenery of the Yangzi River as you meander through the dramatic Three Gorges on a threeday cruise
- No matter how many guide books you have read, nothing truly prepares you for the grandeur and immensity of historic sights like the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Leshan Big Buddha and the Terracotta Army. However, the country's modern manmade sights refuse to be outdone, and you can see the modern equivalence of those ancient feats in the skyline of Hong Kong and the Yangzi River's Three Gorges Hydroelectric dam
Experience the breadth of cultures, flavours and landscapes that make up the vast Middle Kingdom on one our most popular tours through China. Marvel at iconic attractions like the Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriors, then find a quieter side of the country with a cruise along the Yangzi River and a stay in a Buddhist monastery tucked into the mountains of Emei Shan. Discover a land of epic history, vibrant cultures and dramatic vistas on this 19-day China Experience.
Great Wall - Beijing
Leshan - Emei Shan
Chongqing - Yangzi River
Yichang - Overnight train
- Hotel (11 nights), Guesthouse/Monastery (3 nights), Overnight Riverboat (3 nights), Overnight Soft Sleeper Train (1 night)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Overnight Soft Sleeper Train , Private Bus , Public Bus , High-Speed Train , Overnight Riverboat , Subway , Taxi , Bicycle
- An expert tour leader
- Beijing - Forbidden City (entrance fee included)
- Beijing - Tiananmen Square
- Beijing - Mutianyu Great Wall (entransce fee, transfer included)
- Xi'an - Leader-led Muslim Quarter walking tour
- Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors Tour (entrace fee, transport, local guide included)
- Chengdu - Leader-led walking tour
- Chengdu - People's Park & Tianfu Square
- Chengdu - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (entrance fee & transport included)
- Leshan - Giant Buddha (boat ticket & transport included)
- Emei Shan - Scenic Area Hiking
- Emei Shan - Cable car & Golden Summit visit
- Yichang - Guided Three Gorges Dam Project tour
- Yangshuo - Cycling tour (local guide & bike hire included)
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Hong Kong are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this China Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The overnight train travel included on this trip is in “soft sleeper” class – carriages sectioned off into 2 tier/4 berth compartments with lockable doors. If you would prefer a trip without overnight train travel, check out our trips Explore China, China: Great Wall Hike, Bike & Kung Fu (CBXGC) or Beijing to Hong Kong Adventure (CBSJ).
- This trip is a true journey in the sense that we are covering huge distances and visiting many destinations along the way. Be prepared for long days of travel in between days packed with sightseeing.
- With walks on the Great Wall and up Emei Shan (both which have many steps!), you'll need a good level of fitness to get the most out of these activities. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of more relaxing days too, such as on the Yangzi River cruise or in the picturesque town of Yangshuo.
- There is a variety of accommodation on this trip including hotels, guesthouses, monasteries, riverboats and overnight trains. They might not always be as comfortable as home, but each accommodation site will give you a different perspective on China.
- While we finish in Hong Kong, due to our late afternoon arrival we do not include much free time or activities here. We highly recommend staying a few extra days post trip to make the most of this exciting city. Here's some tips to get you started: intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-do-in-hong-kong
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers