- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Sample wine with local experts on Waiheke Island.
- Learn about Maori myths and traditions.
- Experience the geothermal mysteries of Rotorua.
- Glide along the TranzAlpine railway.
Immerse yourself in New Zealand’s stunning landscapes and multicultural heritage, travelling by plane, train, van, boat, and cable car through the North and South Islands. Discover magnificent fjords, ethereal glowworm caves, and snowcapped peaks; visit picturesque vineyards and explore vibrant cities; and imbibe the wisdom and knowledge of the country’s indigenous Maori culture.
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2: Auckland
Day 3: Auckland/Rotorua
Day 4: Rotorua
Day 5: Rotorua/Christchurch
Day 6: Christchurch/Franz Josef
Day 7: Franz Josef
Day 8: Franz Josef/Queenstown
Day 9: Queenstown/Fiordland National Park
Day 10: Fiordland National Park/Queenstown
Day 11: Queenstown
Day 12: Queenstown
- Hotels (10 nts), cruise boat (1 nt, seasonal).
- 11 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Private vehicle, plane, train, boat, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Waiheke Island Wineries, Waiheke Island
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Meet a Maori Elder, Rotorua
- Waitomo Caves tour
- Traditional Maori hangi feast and entertainment
- Scenic TranzAlpine train
- Ride the Queenstown gondola
- Wilderness day cruise (winter) or overnight cruise (summer) in Fiordland National Park
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Queenstown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand Journey tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 185 today.
- Earn US$ 123+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand Journey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand Journey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand Journey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.