- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the World Heritage Site of Borobudur
- Enjoy beautiful trekking in the forests of East Java
- Journey to lush tea plantations with mountainous backdrops
- Experience an impressive sunrise trek of Mt Bromo
Explore the World Heritage Site of Borobudur Temple & trek through the striking landscapes of East Java where rugged volcanoes soar above the surrounding jungle. Join us on this trekking adventure through the beautiful forests of Eastern Java, as we ascend to climb the active Mount Welirang and Mount Arjuna before heading to Mount Bromo for an impressive sunrise hike. Anyone who visits Java cannot fail to be impressed by the string of volcanoes and dramatic mountain ranges which dominate the skyline of this island. Discover this dramatic tropical landscape starting in Yogyakarta, the centre of Javanese art and culture, and explore the World Heritage Site of Borobudur, an amazingly well-preserved monument richly adorned with impressive reliefs and Buddha statues. This journey offers the more discerning traveller a vivid and rewarding experience of an intensely striking land and culture, a tapestry of religions and historical influences and splendid landscapes that make it the enchanting 'Garden of the East'. What better way to end this exhilarating adventure than on the island of Bali.
Day 1 : Join Yogyakarta
Day 2 : Explore Jogjakarta & Borobudur
Day 3 : Train to Malang
Day 4 : Trek to Lembah Kijang Base Camp
Day 5 : Trek to summit of Welirang Volcano (3,156m)
Day 6 : Trek to summit of Arjuna (3,339m)
Day 7 : Visit Lawang Tea Plantation, drive to Bromo
Day 8 : Sunrise hike, fly to Denpasar
- Comfortable accommodation on a twin share basis
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- Flight ticket Surabaya – Denpasar
- Private vehicles
- Expert bilingual driver/guide
- Fully supported camping during trek including sleeping bag & sleeping mat
- Porters whilst trekking
- Permits and park fees
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Medical kit
- International flights
- Departure taxes
- Items of personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- Expenses due to flight delays or cancellation
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratitudes
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 82 today.
- Earn US$ 55+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Volcanoes of East Java tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Volcanoes of East Java tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Volcanoes of East Java tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.