Mexico in November: All You Need to Know
- 417 views
November combines the best aspects of a trip to Mexico. The weather is pleasant or moderate in many parts of the country and at the same time, the tourist season is not yet in full flow, so visitors can usually find good deals on hotels and travel. November is also a great time to see all the top sights of Mexico City, the country’s political and cultural capital.
A trip to Mexico in November is sure to be packed with exciting experiences, from whale watching and snorkeling to enjoying the many festivals and street parades and exploring the jungles.
Mexico Weather in November
The weather in Mexico in November is characterized by sunnier days and cooler evenings compared to the previous months. By November, the hurricane and monsoon seasons are over, and you are unlikely to encounter much rainfall. If you’re thinking of visiting the popular beaches of Cancun, November is an excellent time to make that trip. It is a warm month in Cancún, with average temperatures fluctuating between 23 °C and 28 °C.
The average high temperature in Mexico in November is a pleasant 20 °C in Mexico City while the average low in the capital is around 8 °C. For a more in-depth seasonal overview of the whole country, check our guide on the best time to visit Mexico.
Weather in Mexico in November - Rainfall and Temperatures
|Avg Daily (°C)||21||22||24||25||25||24||22||23||23||23||22||20|
|Avg Nightly (°C)||5||6||7||10||11||12||12||12||12||10||7||5|
|Avg Daily (°F)||69.8||71.6||75.2||77||77||75.2||71.6||73.4||73.4||73.4||71.6||68|
|Avg Nightly (°F)||41||42.8||44.6||50||51.8||53.6||53.6||53.6||53.6||50||44.6||41|
|Avg Rainfall (mm)||10||20||10||20||30||40||60||40||90||20||20||10|
Why Visit Mexico in November
There are many excellent reasons to visit Mexico in November:
- Moderate weather: Both the hurricane season and the rains are over by November, and the entire country is waiting to be explored. Visit Mexico’s famous beaches, see the ancient Mayan archeological ruins, and explore the rainforests during this month.
- Good deals: The peak tourist season in Mexico starts in December. Though the crowds start increasing in November, you can still get cool discounts on hotels and travel to most-top rated destinations like Cancun and Los Cabos.
- Lush landscapes: The post-monsoon landscape is lush in places like Puerto Vallarta. This is a unique aspect of visiting Mexico in November; it’s not the dry Mexico many people imagine it to be in November, but surprisingly green and verdant in many parts of the country.
- Cool capital: Mexico City’s weather in November is perfect to enjoy the historic sights, art scene, museums, and cuisine of this mega-city. Take a stroll in the trendy Juarez neighborhood, feast your eyes on Diego Rivera’s famous mural The History of Mexico in the National Palace, and go on a culinary tour of Mexico City.
- Wild side: This is also a good time to experience the jungles, especially in Chiapas. Post-monsoon the rainforests are more accessible and teeming with animal and plant life.
- Festival alert: November’s event calendar in Mexico is filled with celebrations, festivals, and fun. On November 20, you shouldn’t miss Revolution Day, the anniversary of the 1920 revolution, which sees a lot of parades, singing, dancing, and great food. Other top-rated events during this month include the Dia de Muertos (Days of the Dead), held in honor of deceased relatives, featuring some of the most colorful parades of the year; the Los Cabos International Film Festival; the San Miguel de Allende Jazz Festival; and the Festival Internacional Gourmet in Puerto Vallarta, which sees top chefs showing off their delicious creations.
Where to go and what to do
The weather in Mexico in November makes it an ideal time to experience a diverse set of places—from cities and jungles to beaches and ancient ruins. Learn about the sprawling metropolitan capital on a tour of Mexico City. admire its colonial-era architecture, see the Metropolitan Cathedral, ogle the Aztec relics at the Templo Mayor, and visit the house of the legendary Mexican artist Frida Kahlo, which is now a museum. On the fringes of Mexico City are the stunning ruins of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Teotihuacan and the lovely Floating Gardens and canals of Xochimilco, where you can go on a charming boat cruise.
Or, if you love a beach, stretching along the beautiful coastline of the Yucatán Peninsula are some of the most visited destinations in Mexico such as Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Cozumel. Together they are called the Riviera Maya, and November is just the right month to explore this area’s fantastic beaches, go snorkeling amid spectacular reefs, and swim with the dolphins. Thanks to the warm and sunny weather in Cancun, it is a lovely time to enjoy the beaches, resorts, exceptional food, and world-class spas. There are also some remarkable ruins of the Mayan civilization scattered around the region. Another dreamy November destination is Los Cabos in Baja Peninsula, with its pristine beaches and plenty of diving, snorkeling, and fishing opportunities.
For a very distinctive Mexican experience, head to the southern city of Oaxaca. Everything is unique about this place—its eclectic street art and architecture, its craft-making village communities, its delightful weekly local markets, and the green hills surrounding it where you can go hiking and biking.
What to bring
You’ll be walking a lot in November, so a good pair of walking shoes will be useful. The weather is moderate in most parts of the country, but you might need a light jacket if you’re out late at night in Mexico City.
Don’t think twice. November is one of the best months to travel to Mexico. If you want more ideas for your travel plans, Reach out to our local travel experts for a personalized itinerary to Mexico for a customized trip to the country. Wait no further and start planning your trip to Mexico in November right away!
Our other similar travel guides that may interest you: