- 67 views
Close your eyes and think about a tropical beach paradise. The image that just popped up in your head is the Philippines! This pristine island destination is what your best dreams are made of. It is a laid-back country where you can lay down by the ocean, with great seafood, and relax for the entire duration of your vacation. The beautiful Spanish architecture provides cultural enthusiasts something to look forward to when they’re traveling here as well. The weather in Philippines will play a part in determining when you travel - after all, you have got to find out what is the best time to visit Philippines before you can start planning your travel!
- High Season: November - April
- Low Season: May - October
- All Seasons: May - October (wet season), November - April (dry season)
- The best time to visit Philippines is the dry season between November and April when the weather is incredibly pleasant and cool.
- May to October sees a rise in temperatures and rainfall, making the country hot and humid. There is a slight chance of typhoons as well
The Philippines is an ideal destination for people who love adventure. There are 7000 islands for you to choose from, and you can find romance, adventure, and mystery at every single one of them! You just have to find out what is the best time to visit Philippines and you’re good to go!
The Philippines has two distinct seasons - dry and wet. The dry season between November and April is the best time to visit Philippines. The post-monsoon haze makes the country look stunning, and the weather gets a lot more pleasant during these months as well. The heat wears off, and it becomes easier for you to travel between the islands, and explore the tropics as well.
The wet season is ideally not a good time to travel to Philippines. The temperatures go up, and the rains increase, making the weather in Philippines rather hot and humid. There is a chance of typhoons during the wet season as well, and this can severely disrupt any travel plans.
November to April — Dry Season / High Season
The weather in Philippines is dry and cool during this season. There is very little rainfall, and the temperatures dip after the monsoons, making it a lot more comfortable for travelers. The lack of rainfall makes it easier for people to travel between islands, and to the interiors of the islands as well. This is the peak season for travel in Philippines, so it would be wiser for you to book your accommodation, car rentals, and tickets earlier on, before all the good resorts get taken out! December and January are the best months to travel, weather-wise.
- Avg. Temperature: 70 – 90° F / 21 – 32° C (in Manila)
- Rainfall: 10 – 50 mm
- Season: Dry Season
- Highlights: This is when to visit Philippines if you want to engage in local traditions and customs. There are a number of festivals taking place during these months, including the Ati-Atihan Festival in Kalibo, which is celebrated with elaborate costumes and dancing (in January), or the city-wide Pamulinawen Festival in Laoag City, or Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Pampanga, both in February. This is the best time for you to travel to the Spanish city of Intramuros, or the volcanic lake at Tagaytay, or the Mayon Volcano itself! The dry weather will make it easy for you to hike and explore!
May to October — Wet Season / Low Season
This is the wet season in the country. The weather in Philippines can get rather wet and hot. Starting May, the weather starts warming up, and the country faces heavy rainfall in July and August. Most of the rainfall happens during the evening or night and can restrict your travel to other islands, or the more isolated places within your island itself. Since this is low season, you can expect some great discounts! August is the most typhoon-prone month, so check the weather updates before traveling.
- Avg. Temperature: 75 – 93° F / 24 – 34° C (in Manila)
- Rainfall: 60 – 140 mm
- Season: Wet Season
- Highlights: There are a lot of exciting festivals for you to look forward to - like the beautiful Flores de Mayo (in May), Kadayawan sa Davao (in August), etc. In May, you can still visit a number of coastal cities, like Anilao, Puerto Galera (which is great for diving), or the mountains in Luzon, as the weather will still be dry enough. If you’re a fan of surfing, this is the best time to visit Philippines, as the monsoons will cause the waves to break! Catanduanes offers amazing surfing opportunities.
Travelling to Philippines? Chat with a local travel specialist in Philippines who can help organize your trip.