- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Leon and Granada Discover these lively colonial cities, historic rivals for the title of capital city of Nicaragua
- San Ramon Homestay Spend the night with a local family and learn all about coffee production
- Ometepe Island Cross the impressive Lake Nicaragua to the laidback volcanic island of Ometepe
- San Juan del Sur Relax on the Pacific Coast and perhaps try your hand at surfing
The 'Land of Lakes and Volcanoes' certainly lives up to its name - during this highlights trip, take a boat trip across magnificent Lake Nicaragua to the laid-back volcanic island of Ometepe, discover the birdlife of the lush Selva Negra Cloudforest, and explore Leon and Granada, two colonial towns that are bursting with revolutionary history. Masaya Volcano - Watch the lava swirl in the depths of this impressive active volcano San Ramon homestay - Spend the night with a family and taste the labours of this rural coffee community San Juan del Sur - Relax on the Pacific Coast, and take the opportunity to watch nesting turtles in season (August-January)
Day 1 : Join trip in Managua
Day 2 : Tour of Managua and Leon's highlights
Day 3 : Free time to explore Leon or optional Cerro Negro hike
Day 4 : Visit San Jacinto en route to San Ramon homestay
Day 5 : Search for wildlife in the Selva Negra Cloudforest
Day 6 : Discover Granada, optional boat trip on Lake Nicaragua
Day 7 : Visit the Masaya Volcano and artisan market
Day 8 : Travel to Ometepe Island
Day 9 : Free day for optional walks or cooking class at a women's co-operative
Day 10 : Travel to San Juan del Sur on the Pacific Coast
Day 11 : Optional surfing lesson or turtle nesting tour (in season)
Day 12 : Return to the capital, Managua
Day 13 : Trip ends in Managua
- 12 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Mansión Teodolinda (2 nights)
- Hotel Los Balcones (2 nights)
- UCA San Ramon (1 night)
- Hotel Con Corazon (3 nights)
- Playa Venecia (2 nights)
- Gran Oceano Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Managua are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Nicaragua - Land of Lakes and Volcanoes tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 100 today.
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Nicaragua - Land of Lakes and Volcanoes tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Nicaragua - Land of Lakes and Volcanoes tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nicaragua - Land of Lakes and Volcanoes tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.