- duration 13 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 16-79 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-22146
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Witness stilt dancers from the hill villages of the Yacouba
- Meet local men, recently initiated in the secret society of Poro
- Explore UNESCO-listed French colonial capital of Grand Bassam
After years of isolation, Ivory Coast is finally opening up to travellers and on this trip we will be exploring remote villages; untouched by the western world where the spirit gods and ancestral traditions are king.
Mask Ceremonies - See the stilt dancers from the hill villages of the Yacouba
Grand Bassam- Explore on foot the UNESCO -listed French colonial capital
Traditional life - Visit bustling markets, meet hunter-gatherer tribesman and embrace the colours, songs and secrets that make up this fascinating country
Day 1 : Join trip in Abidjan
Day 2 : Meet the Baule people and see a Goli Masquerade
Day 3 : Drive to Korhogo and meet the Senoufo people
Day 4 : Discover Senoufo villages and see the traditional Poro 'panther' dance
Day 5 : A further day of exploring the region around Korhogo. Countryside walk through to a sacred shrine.
Day 6 : Morning visit to the Fulani nomads around Boundiali. Continue to Odienne and meet a community of Dozon (Malinke hunters)
Day 7 : Full day journey to Man visiting Yacouba villages en route and opportunity to watch a masked dance
Day 8 : Walk to La Cascade Waterfall, visit nearby villages and watch a Gba mask dance
Day 9 : City tour of Man before afternoon journey to Daloa
Day 10 : Take in the impressive city sights of Yamoussoukro
Day 11 : Guided tour of Abidjan before driving to Grand Bassam for some time to relax on the Atlantic Coast
Day 12 : Explore colonial Grand Bassam before a free afternoon to relax
Day 13 : Trip ends in Grand Bassam
- 12 Breakfasts
- Hotel Detente (1 night)
- Mon Afrik (1 night)
- Hotel Olympe (3 nights)
- Hotel Les Frontieres Odienne (1 night)
- Hotel Les Cascades (2 nights)
- Hotel La Grace (1 night)
- Hotel Residence Aho (1 night)
- Hotel Etoile du Sud (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Abidjan and from Grand Bassam are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Ivory Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 127+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Ivory Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 February 2024, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Ivory Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Ivory Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.