- duration 13 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Crooked Tree Bird Sanctuary Early morning boat trip to this important wetland habitat
- Wildlife Opportunities to see howler monkeys, spider monkeys, toucans, parrots, crocodiles and much more in their natural environment
- Mayan sites Visit the ancient temple of Xunantunich. Journey by boat along New River to the jungle site of Lamanai
- Tikal (Guatemala) Walk through the jungle to discover this great Maya metropolis
Rich in exotic wildlife, tropical forests, white-sand beaches and lost civilisations, Belize really is a diverse pocket of overlooked beauty. This is a trip that has something for everyone - food lovers, wildlife spotters, jungle hikers and beach junkies alike will all find something to love about Belize. Maya sites - Visit the lesser-known ruins of Xunantunich and Lamanai, and explore the impressive temples of Tikal (Guatemala) Belize Barrier Reef - Just off the small island of Caye Caulker is some of the best snorkelling in Central America, in the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea Wildlife - Spot birds in wetland areas, and find howler and spider monkeys, toucans, crocodiles and many more in their natural habitats
Day 1 : Fly to Houston for an overnight; Land Only customers join the trip in Belize City
Day 2 : To Crooked Tree Wildlife Reserve via Altun Ha
Day 3 : Boat trip to the jungle ruins of Lamanai birdwatching en route
Day 4 : Dawn bird watching, drive to Placencia
Day 5 : In Placencia; free to explore, snorkel or relax on beach
Day 6 : Visit Cockscomb Basin Jaguar Preserve; head to San Ignacio
Day 7 : Explore the Xunantunich archaeological site
Day 8 : Free day, choices include canoeing on the Macal River and visit to Belize Botanical Gardens
Day 9 : Explore the great Mayan metropolis of Tikal (Guatemala)
Day 10 : Optional re-entry to Tikal
Day 11 : Boat journey to the idyllic island of Caye Caulker
Day 12 : Free time in Caye Caulker; relax by the sea or optional snorkel boat trip
Day 13 : Tour ends Belize City
- 10 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Ramada Princess Hotel (1 night)
- Birds Eye View Lodge (2 nights)
- Sea Spray Hotel (2 nights)
- Cahal Pech Village Resort (3 nights)
- Tikal Inn (2 nights)
- Costa Maya Beach Cabanas (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Belize City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Belize tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Belize tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 March 2022, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Belize tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Belize tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.