- duration 11 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-36043
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Monitor turtles in the Jiquilisco Bay biosphere reserve
- Feast on tasty Salvadoran delicacies during a cooking class and at a weekly food festival
- Explore the cobbled streets of tranquil Suchitoto, and the colourful street murals on the Ruta de las Flores
Often overshadowed by its neighbours, El Salvador is a little hidden gem. With turtle nesting on the miles of coastline, volcanoes concealing deep crater lakes and delicious food being prepared in beautiful colonial villages, this country is not to be missed.
Jiquilisco Bay - Take part in a turtle-monitoring project with a local biologist
Santa Ana Volcano - Hike up El Salvador's highest volcano and get outstanding views of the surrounding valley
Suchitoto - Learn to make traditional pupusas in this charming village
Day 1 : Join trip in San Salvador
Day 2 : Head to Jiquilisco Bay; boat trip with a local biologist to monitor hawksbill turtles
Day 3 : Optional kayaking or a visit to a local cacao farm
Day 4 : Drive to Suchitoto via the Laguna de Alegria; evening pupusa-making class
Day 5 : Visit the ex-guerrilla community of La Cinquera; free afternoon in Suchitoto
Day 6 : Discover San Salvador on foot; visit the Joya de Ceren; drive to Cerro Verde via Lake Coatepeque
Day 7 : Hike the Santa Ana volcano to the impressive Llamatepec crater lake; drive to Ataco via the Tazumal Archaeological Site
Day 8 : Explore the small villages on the Ruta de las Flores; explore the street food markets
Day 9 : Coffee farm visit; drive to the Los Cobanos protected marine area; continue to La Libertad
Day 10 : Free day on the coast in Sunzal
Day 11 : Trip ends at La Libertad
- Villa Terra Hotel (1 night)
- Hotel Puerto Barillas (2 nights)
- Hotel El Tejado (2 nights)
- Tres Volcanes Glamping (1 night)
- Fleur De Lis (2 nights)
- Hotel Atami (2 nights)
- 10 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader
- Activity Guide(s)
- Any international flights to San Salvador and from La Libertad are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of El Salvador tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of El Salvador tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 February 2024, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of El Salvador tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of El Salvador tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.