- Walking tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 13
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek into the stunning Grand Canyon and marvel at this famous National Park
- Witness the red landscapes of Monument Valley of the Navajo
- Enjoy incredible day hikes in Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks
- Immerse yourself in the Canyonlands and Arches National Park
Enjoy refreshing winter hiking in the typically scorching red deserts of southwest USA. The cooler temperatures of the spring/fall season allow us to spend more time exploring some of the USA's most breathtaking deserts and canyonlands - the focus of our adventure. We begin our journey walking over petrified sand dunes and past lava tubes at St. George, before heading to stunning Zion National Park, where we climb the iconic Observation Point. In Bryce Canyon, we may need to strap on ice crampons depending on the winter conditions, as we explore the park's astounding wonderland of stone towers. At Capitol Reef we scramble over and through the twisted sandstone domes to an overlook of the immense monocline stretching over 100 km. At San Rafael Reef we enjoy an intriguing trek through narrow slot canyons before exploring the arches and discover endless natural stone arches in aptly named, Arches National Park. A full day of trekking takes us to the Needles of Canyonlands, a true wonderland of twisted sandstone rock. We will marvel at the wonders of Monument Valley, you have the choice of a jeep tour before spending the day walking through the fascinating Canyon de Chelly. Here we walk with the Navajo on trails off limits to tourists. This valley is steeped in culture and history, complete with 1000-year-old rock art, cliff dwellings, and Navajo homes. Finally we make our way to the highlight of our journey - The Grand Canyon. The south rim often sees snow and/or ice at this time of year, so we may need our winter equipment once again.
Day 1 : Arrival in Las Vegas, Nevada
Day 2 : Towards the Colorado Plateau
Day 3 : Zion National Park
Day 4 : Bryce Canyon National Park
Day 5 : Capitol Reef National Park
Day 6 : Hidden Slot Canyon
Day 7 : Arches National Park
Day 8 : Canyonlands National Park
Day 9 : Monument Valley & Chinle
Day 10 : Navajo guided walk at Canyon de Chelly
Day 11 : The Grand Canyon
Day 12 : A Day at the Grand Canyon
Day 13 : Return to Las Vegas
Day 14 : Departure
- 13 nights accommodation in 2-3 star hotels with private facilities on a twin share basis
- 13 breakfasts, 12 picnic lunches
- Private transport
- Services of an experienced driver-guide
- Navajo Guide in Canyon de Chelly
- National park entry fees & sightseeing as specified
- Cost of laundry, soft drinks & alcoholic beverages
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Crampons for potentially icy trails
- Flights and Airport taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Medical treatment
- Personal expenses
- Optional excursions
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 115+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Deserts and Canyons of the Southwest tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 June 2021, a deposit of 348 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Deserts and Canyons of the Southwest tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Deserts and Canyons of the Southwest tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.