- Gurung and Magar culture
- Sights of Mt. Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Machhapuchhre
- Spotting Himalayan Thar, Mask deer, Spotted Deer, Barking Deer, Snow leopard
- Rhododendron forests
The Mardi Himal Trek is a short, easy and allocated camping/tea house trek that enables one to explore the beauty of the Annapurna region. Mt. Mardi is located towards the east of the Modi Khola across the valley from Hiunchuli. The trek follows the least trodden trail away from the huge crowds and gives an essence of exploration. The whole stunning Annapurna range can be observed during the trek.
It goes through thick rhododendron forests, unspoiled terrain and takes you as high as 4100m within a few days walk on the ridge running down from the Machhapuchare Peak (6993m). The region is also known for its rich bio-diversity and wildlife. Danphe (Pheasant), Himalayan Thar, Mask deer, spotted Deer, Barking Deer, Snow leopard and many other Himalayan wildlife can be spotted while trekking in the region.
The trek offers magnificent views of majestic mountains in the central Himalayas. The entire Annapurna Rang including Mt. Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna II (7937m), Annapurna III (7855m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Annapurna South (7819m), Varaha Shikhar (7847m), Himchuli (6441m), Dhaulagiri I (8163m), Dhaulagiri II (7751m), Nilgiri (6940m), Thapa Peak (6015m), Tukche Peak (6920m), Machhapuchhre (6991m), Mardi Himal (5588m), Singu Chuli (6500m), Tharpu Chuli (5663m), Gangapurna (7483m), Lamjung Himal (6931m) can be seen during the Mardi Himal trekking.
This Mardi Himal Trekking starts from Kande, which is one hour away from Pokhara. The trail crosses cool rivers, lush green valleys, terrace farms and warm, pristine Juniper and rhododendron forests. It also has hospitable villages on the way to the Mardi Himal Base camp at 4100 m.
The base camp offers an amazing view of the spectacular mountains of the Annapurna range. From there, we take a different trekking trail to return back to conclude our trekking at Saidighatta.
We will start our day early with a drive from Kathmandu to the scenic city of Pokhara which will take about 6-7 hours.
We can view beautiful hills and villages along the way to Pokhara, which is a beautiful city known for its stunning mountain views and serene lake. The beauty of Pokhara will fuel you for the trek that lies ahead.
Overnight in Pokhara.
We will start our day early and take an hour long drive to Phedi, from where we will commence our Mardi Himal trek. We will start the trek by climbing the stairs from Phedi. The trail ascends all the way to Pothana through the rhododendron and pine forests until we reach Dhampus, a Gurung village known for its magnificent views of Annapurna ranges, Lamjung Himal and Manaslu.
We will continue our ascent until we reach the small village of Pothana, surrounded by forests and exhibiting marvelous mountain views.
Overnight in Pothana.
After a hearty breakfast, we start our trek with a steep uphill climb through thick forest along the beautiful views of the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges.
The forest is home for many rare wildlife and we may see rare birds and animals along the way. After walking for around five hours, we will reach Forest Camp where we will set up camp for the night.
The trail from Forest Camp to the high camp follows a steep ascent through rhododendron and Juniper forests. The pattern for the day is a steeper climbing to get over a hillock, then relatively flat for a while and again start the ascent. On Reaching the top, we will be highly rewarded with the magnificent, breathtaking views of the Annapurna range and Mount Macchapuchre.
Overnight at High Camp.
We will rise early to appreciate the spectacular sunrise view over the Annapurna range from High Camp.
After breakfast, we will start our ascent to Mardi Himal Base Camp, which stands at 5300 meters. The trek today is challenging with a walk along a narrow, rocky trails. The hardship of the day is generously rewarded with the stunning mountain views along the pristine surroundings at the Mardi Himal Base Camp. After spending some time at the base camp, we will retrace our steps back to high camp.
Overnight at High Camp.
We will retrace our steps and follow a steep descent to low camp from where we will trek into the forest to Mardi Khola.
After a delightful walk along the river and the forest, we will reach a warm and hospitable village of Siding.
Overnight in Siding Village.
After a hearty breakfast, we will start our easy descent to Lumre.
The trail follows the contour of the Mardi river valley and gradually descends down the pastures through beautiful Tamang and Gurung Villages.
Our transport will wait for us at Lumre from where we will take an hour long drive to Pokhara.
Overnight in Pokhara.
We will take a six hour long drive back to Kathmandu.
We will enjoy the beauty of the nearby villages, rivers and hills along our way back.
- Three meals a day during the trek (breakfast, lunch and diner)
- Fresh fruits every night after dinner
- Tea houses accomodation during the trek
- Tourist bus Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu and car to Phedi and Jeep from Saidighatta to Pokhara
- Trekking Permit, Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide trained and licensed by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Tourism with his foods, wages, equipment and insurance
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel Insurance Company
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag and walking poles use during the trip (to return after the trek)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Assistant guide group size above 4+ person.
- Meals and Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu)
- Travel insurance
- International airfare.
- Personal expenses such as telephone, laundry, battery charging.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold drinks.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tip for the trekking staff.