- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- National parks
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 22
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Go on an epic safari with expert local guides in search of lions, hyenas and more through Kruger National Park – one of the largest game reserves in southern Africa.
- Go overland in a purpose built truck and stop to take in geological wonders like Bourke’s Luck Potholes and God’s Window along the Panorama Route.
- Spend a few days however you please on the whitesand beaches of Mozambique’s Ponta Malongane. Snorkel? Sun? Seafood feast? The choice is yours.
- Visit the heartlands of the Zulu people and spend the night in a homestay, where you’ll be treated to traditional food and song, plus a meeting with the local healer.
Experience the diversity of southern Africa on this Lonely Planet experience, powered by Intrepid. Spend nine days on an adventure that takes you to wildlife-rich game parks, idyllic beaches, wetlands and small villages, exploring with a local leader along the way. Search for lions in Kruger National Park, enjoy a homestay in Zululand, relax on the sands of Ponta Malognane and more. A mixture of included activities and free time make this tour perfect for travellers who want the benefit of on-the-ground local knowledge with some of the freedom of independent travel.
Kruger National Park
Kruger National Park
Eswatini (Swaziland)/Hlane Royal National Park
Mozambique Beach Camp
Mozambique Beach Camp
St Lucia Estuary
- Camping with facilities (4 nights), Camping with basic facilities (2 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (1 night)
- 8 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Overland vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Panorama Route - God's Window Viewpoint
- Panorama Route - Bourks Luck Potholes
- Kruger National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Hlane Royal National Park - Bush & Wildlife Walk
- Zululand - Community Centre Visit
- Zululand - Traditional Healer Visit
- Any international flights to Johannesburg and from Durban are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kruger & Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kruger & Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kruger & Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kruger & Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- While a homestay in Zululand is a unique and rewarding experience, the conditions are basic – foam mattresses on the floor, with up to six people (of the same gender) per room. Clean linen and pillows are provided. Hot water is not available on this night.
- There will be many early starts either to make better use of the safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- You may also want to check out our Kruger, Coast & Cape trip if you have longer time to explore in southern Africa.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers