South Africa — Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
With a range of iconic landscapes such as the sight of penguins in the Cape, the Table Mountain, hippos of the Limpopo River, the lions and crocodiles of the Kruger National Park, the various ecosystems of iSimangaliso Wetland Park and those exotic wildflowers of Namakwa, South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world.
South Africa holiday allows you to experience its beautiful sights and the natural fauna and flora.
- Explore the modern city of Cape Town.
- See the sights in Johannesburg, such as the Cradle of Humankind—an archaeological site that is filled with history and wildlife.
- Learn of South Africa’s history at the Apartheid museum.
- Marvel at the Boulder’s Penguin Colony.
- Experience the gentle giants, elephants, at Addo Elephant National Park.
- Tour the South African wine country, in the Winelands.
- Visit Robben Island, and stand in the shoes of Nelson Mandela.
- Drive along the Garden Route and see the coast of South Africa.
- When on a South Africa holiday, try not to be too flashy in what you wear in order to draw less attention to yourself.
- While most of South Africa is malaria free, if you go north, come prepared with malaria pills.
- Bring clothes for warm weather, but also prepare for cooler evenings.
- If driving in a car, keep the doors locked and windows up at all times. If people try to approach you, ignore them.
- Mobile coverage is simple to get and available.
- Be prepared to veer off the beaten path on your South Africa tour. For example, visit Seal Island, off the coast of Cape Town.