- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3677
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Explore the magnificent temples at Abu Simbel and see the four gargantuan statues of Ramses guarding the Great Temple, carved directly out of the mountain on the west bank of the Nile.
- Brush shoulders with the locals and meet some of the many store owners as you stroll through the famous bazaars of Aswan, Luxor and Khan al-Khalili in Egypt’s capital, Cairo.
- Set sail down the Nile – one of the world’s most iconic rivers. Relax in comfort as scenes of everyday Egyptian life stream by and experience day turn to night from your sundeck.
- Join a local family in a small village near Aswan for a memorable night of Nubian hospitality. Learn about this ancient culture while sharing a special dinner with your hosts.
- Explore the marvels, mythology and mystery of Ancient Egypt, including the Pyramids at Giza and the tombs of iconic pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings, with expert guides providing a local insight.
Pharaohs, feluccas, temples and tombs. Pyramids, bazaars, mummies and catacombs. Egypt has myriad possibilities to marvel and discover, and on a 12-day cultural expedition to its highlights, you’ll understand how time has stood still and why you’ll need a history lesson at every turn. Lose yourself in the colour and chaos of Cairo’s Khan al-Khalili Bazaar, stand at the feet of Abu Simbel’s monumental temples, set sail down the iconic Nile and feel grand in the Valley of the Kings. With all your comforts cared for and questions answered by knowledgeable local leaders, Egypt will serve up all the historic, symbolic and pharaonic goods.
Day 1: Cairo
Day 2: Cairo
Day 3: Alexandria
Day 4: Alexandria - Cairo - Overnight Train
Day 5: Aswan
Day 6: Abu Simbel - Nile River Cruise
Day 7: Nile River Cruise
Day 8: Nile River Cruise
Day 9: Luxor
Day 10: Luxor
Day 11: Cairo
Day 12: Cairo
- Hotel (7 nights), Cruise boat (3 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 11 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Plane , Cruise boat , Felucca , Overnight sleeper train
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Cairo - Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- Cairo - Egyptian Museum
- Alexandria - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Alexandria - Bibliotheca Alexandrina
- Alexandria - Fort Qaitbey
- Alexandria - Wadi El Natron monasteries
- Aswan - Nubian Village Visit and Dinner
- Aswan - Philae Temple
- Abu Simbel - Abu Simbel temples
- Aswan - Felucca Sail
- Izbat Al Bayyarah - Kom Ombo Temple
- Luxor - Karnak Temple (entrance fee)
- Luxor - Colossi of Memnon
- Luxor - Valley of the Kings (entrance to 3 tombs)
- Luxor - Tomb of Tutankhamun
- Luxor - Hatshepsut Temple
- Cairo - Khan al-Khalili bazaar visit
- Any international flights to/from Cairo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Egypt Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 129+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Egypt Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Egypt Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Egypt Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Egypt can get hot between June and September, but this is normally a dry heat and easier to cope with than humidity. Where possible we try and visit sites in the early morning before it gets too hot.
- The walkways around ruins can be uneven, dusty and rocky, so be sure to bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes. At major sites such as the Pyramids, you can expect to be exposed to the elements at length, so be prepared with a hat, sunscreen and plenty of fluids.
- Cairo is notorious for road congestion and air pollution. Be prepared for one of the busiest cities in North Africa.
- Accommodation aboard the overnight train is in two-berth cabins, which are comfortable and air-conditioned. All bedding is provided, and western-style toilets are located in each carriage. General train cleanliness may not be to the same standards you are accustomed to. An included dinner and breakfast are served on board. You may want to purchase something extra beforehand to supplement your meal, particularly if you have any dietary requirements.
- The Nile Cruise includes three nights’ accommodation and full board (drinks are not included). Your ship will be docked each night in Aswan, Edfu or Luxor – please see the Itinerary for more details. When docked, Nile cruise ships are moored lengthways alongside each other, and your ship will most likely have a ship on either side. You walk through the other ships to reach the port.
- Ramadan is an annual month-long festival, during which travel can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the day, such as restaurants or cafes, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider this when selecting your travel dates. You’ll find dates and further information in the ‘Climate and seasonal information’ section of the Essential Trip Information.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.