- Art and architecture
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Guangzhou: formerly known in the West as Canton, it has long been China's busiest trade hub, establishing connections with the outside world dating back to the 16th century.
- Xiamen: formerly known in Western circles as Amoy, this island city is emerging as southern China’s most sophisticated city.
- Guilin: Guilin's natural endowments will amaze you, yet, thanks to imperfect urban planning, there is a pervasive feeling that the city is past its prime.
- Shanghai: home to the world's secondtallest tower and a city with a diverse architectural heritage is like no other cities on earth.
Explore China in this comprehensive twelve-day tour. Discover the Shamian Island in Guangzhou: a well preserved colonial area with its period architecture, tree-lined avenues, and laidback appeal offers a break from the mayhem and fast developmental Guangzhou. Visit Hakka House, Mulan’s home in the latest Disney movie, built by Chinese Hakka people who emigrated from northern China to the south. Literally earthen buildings, the living structures are uniquely designed for defensive purposes. Cruise on the Li River Cruise to see one of China's natural masterpieces, listed as one of the world’s top ten watery wonders by America National Geographic Magazine. Discover the Water Great Wall: the only section of the wall that is submerged into water, it’s one of the most scenic yet less touristy parts of the great wall for a hike or a brilliant view. Visit Tiananmen Square, with the iconic portrait of Mao Zedong looming over the Tiananmen gates, this public square is one of the largest in the world and has been the site of numerous historical events in China. Visit the Huanghuacheng Great wall, Beijing has more than 600km of Great Wall, found mainly in the mountains north and northeast of the city. Most of Beijing’s Great Wall dates to the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), but there are remnants of much older wall section to be found, too.
Day 1: Arrival Guangzhou – Shamian Island – Guangzhou (45km – 1hr)
Day 2: Guangzhou – Xiaozhou Village (25km – 1hr) – Xiamen (4.5hrs By High-speed Train, Included)
Day 3: Xiamen – Hua’an – Zhangzhou – Xiamen (245km – 4hrs)
Day 4: Xiamen – Gulangyu Island (20min By Ferry)
Day 5: Xiamen – Guilin (105min By Flight, Included) – Reef Flute Cave – Elephant Trunk Hill – Guilin (50km – 1.5hr)
Day 6: Guilin – Li River (4hrs By Cruise) – Guilin
Day 7: Guilin – Shanghai (100min By Flight, Included)
Day 8: Shanghai
Day 9: Shanghai – Beijing (5hrs By High-speed Train, Included)
Day 10: Beijing
Day 11: Beijing
Day 12: Departure Beijing (30km – 30min)
- 11 nights' accommodation
- 11 breakfasts
- 7 Lunches at local restaurants (Day 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 11)
- 1 Lunch on board (Day 6)
- 1 Dinner at a local restaurant (Day 7)
- Arrival private transfer from Guangzhou International Airport (Day 1)
- Private transportation as mentioned in the itinerary
- High-speed train ticket from Guangzhou/Xiamen, Shanghai/Beijing on the basis of per seat per person, with 2nd class seat (clients carrying own luggage to board the train)
- Domestic flights as mentioned in the itinerary Xiamen/Guilin/Shanghai in Economy Class with 1 piece of 20kg suitcase per person per flight and airport tax and fuel surcharge
- Departure private transfer to Beijing International Airport (Day 12)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary (entrance fee of the complex and first entry only): Shamian Island visit (Day 1); Chen Family temple and Xiaozhou Village visits (Day 2); Hua’an Hakka house clusters and Zhangzhou visits (Day 3); Gulangyu Island ferry and visit (Day 4); Reef flute cave visit and Elephant trunk hill photo stop (Day 5); Li River Cruise (Day 6); Shanghai propaganda poster museum (Closed on Mondays) (Day 7); Yu Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, and French Concession Quarter visits (Day 8); Temple of Heaven visit (Day 9); Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City (complex, closed on Monday), Beijing’s few remaining ‘hutongs’ and Buddhist Miaoying Temple visits (exterior visit) (Day 10); Huanghuacheng Great wall, and 798 Art District visits (Day 11)
- Operated with English-speaking local guide during the scheduled activities (Day 1-11)
- Meet & Greet (Day 2, 5, 7, 9)
- Guide accompanying on trains or flights
- Visa fees
- International long haul flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Optional tours (if any)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 161+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China Explorer, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China Explorer, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China Explorer, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.