- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek the classic Inca Trail to the Sun Gate for the iconic view of Machu Picchu
- Climb Inca steps to the top of Dead Woman's Pass (4215m)
- Have a guided tour of Machu Picchu before the crowds arrive
- Discover Cuzco with its distinct IncaColonial fusion architecture
Offering an unrivalled combination of history and dramatic scenery, the ancient Inca Trail winds its way from the powerful Urubamba River, across mountain passes and through cloud forests, passing several crumbling fortresses before reaching the lost city of Machu Picchu. This itinerary is specifically designed to maximise the time spent at Machu Picchu with an early morning tour of the ruins, quieter at that hour before day trippers and other trekkers arrive. *Inca Trail Permits:* An Inca Trail permit is required to walk the Inca Trail. These are strictly limited and are highly sought after, therefore we strongly recommend booking at least 6-8 months in advance to avoid disappointment. On dates where Inca Trail permits have sold out we can offer the spectacular remote Moonstone Trek  in its place – please enquire for details. The duration of this holiday has changed from 13 June 2020 - for the itinerary for departures from 13 June 2020, please click here  node/934 node/261086
Start Cuzco (3400m); free time to explore the Inca capital.
Free day; optional Sacred Valley excursion.
Route 1: The Classic Inca Trail: Start Inca Trail trek from km82; walk along
Urubamba River, climb to Huayllabamba.
Route 1: The Classic Inca Trail: Cross Dead Woman's Pass (4215m), then
descend to Pacaymayu.
Route 1: The Classic Inca Trail: Over Runquracay Pass (3800m) to ruins of
Sayajmarca and Phuyupatamarca.
Route 1: The Classic Inca Trail: Walk down Inca steps to Wiñay Wayna and
Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate.
Guided tour of Machu Picchu; free time to explore further; return to Cuzco by
train and road.
Free day in Cuzco; optional activities available.
- 5 nights hotels in en suite rooms, 3 nights full-service camping with dining and toilet tents , 5 nights en suite hotels and 3 nights full-service camping
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 4 days point-to-point walking with full porterage
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min. age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 4215m, average 3050m
- 7kg personal weight limit on Inca Trail
- Travel by private bus and by train
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag
- Inflatable sleeping mat while camping
- Any international flights to/from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Inca Trail tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 66+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Inca Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 188 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 09 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Inca Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Inca Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.