- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7897
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Experience two unique visits to Machu Picchu for photos and fully guided exploration
- Trek to the Sun Gate for the iconic view of Machu Picchu
- Climb Inca steps to the top of Dead Woman's Pass
- Rest and refresh after your trek with a stay in charming Aguas Calientes
- Discover Cuzco with its fusion of Inca and colonial architecture
Offering an unrivalled combination of history and dramatic scenery, the Inca Trail winds from the powerful Urubamba River, across mountain passes, through cloud forests and past crumbling fortresses, to the ruins of Machu Picchu, rightly named one of the New Wonders of the World. We designed this Inca Trail trip to give you more time to enjoy the route, arriving to Machu Picchu in the afternoon for classic photos before we stay overnight in the nearby town of Aguas Calientes. We return the next morning, fresh and well rested, for our in-depth tour of magnificent Machu Picchu.
Why trek with us? More than 40 years’ experience running treks in Peru Proceeds from this trip support our Porter Project, where we take porters to Machu Picchu, many of whom have never visited before. See our mini documentary Carried Away to learn more We operate a zero-impact policy on the Inca Trail, removing all waste from campsites and separating it so it can be easily recycled or composted Experienced English-speaking local leaders who are qualified in first aid and trained to spot and deal with altitude sickness Free arrival and departure transfers for everyone on this trip. See the Joining Instructions for more
Join us to celebrate Exodus’ 50th anniversary! Select departures of this trip feature extra inclusions to mark the occasion: a funded porter visit to Machu Picchu (so we can all enjoy Machu Picchu), a local birthday celebration and a special edition Exodus kitbag. The selected departures on this trip start in Cuzco on 8 June 2024, 20 July 2024 and 5 October 2024.
Day 1: Start Cuzco
Day 2: Free day; optional Sacred Valley excursion
Day 3: Start Inca Trail trek from Km82; walk along Urubamba River, climb to Huayllabamba
Day 4: Summit Dead Woman's Pass; descend to Pacaymayu
Day 5: Over Runquracay Pass to the ruins of Sayacmarca and Phuyupatamarca
Day 6: Walk down Inca steps to Wiñay Wayna and Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate
Day 7: Guided tour of Machu Picchu; return to Cuzco by train and road
Day 8: End Cuzco
- Four nights en suite hotels and three nights full-service camping
- All breakfasts, four lunches and three dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag
- Inflatable sleeping mat while camping
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Sleeping bag (hire locally from $20)
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 88+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Inca Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 May 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Inca Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Inca Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.