- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek the classic Inca Trail to the Sun Gate for the iconic view of Machu PicchuClimb Inca steps to the top of Dead Woman's Pass (4215m)Have a guided tour of Machu Picchu before the crowds arriveDiscover Cuzco with its distinct IncaColonial fusion architectureAlternative remote Moonstone Trek or One Day Inca Trail Option available when Inca Trail permits have sold out
Offering an unrivalled combination of history and dramatic scenery, the ancient Inca Trail winds its way from the powerful Urubamba River, across mountain passes and through cloud forests, passing several crumbling fortresses before reaching the lost city of Machu Picchu. This itinerary is specifically designed to maximise the time spent at Machu Picchu with an early morning tour of the ruins, quieter at that hour before day trippers and other trekkers arrive. Inca Trail Permits: An Inca Trail permit is required to walk the Inca Trail. These are strictly limited and are highly sought after, therefore we strongly recommend booking at least 6-8 months in advance to avoid disappointment. On dates where Inca Trail permits have sold out we can offer either the spectacular remote Moonstone Trek or a One Day Inca Trail Option in its place – please enquire for details.
Day 1: Start Cuzco (3400m); free time to explore the Inca capital.
Day 2: Free day; optional Sacred Valley excursion.
Day 3: Route 1: The Classic Inca Trail: Start Inca Trail trek from km82; walk along
Urubamba River, climb to Huayllabamba.
Day 4: Route 1: The Classic Inca Trail: Cross Dead Woman's Pass (4215m), then
descend to Pacaymayu.
Day 5: Route 1: The Classic Inca Trail: Over Runquracay Pass (3800m) to ruins of
Sayajmarca and Phuyupatamarca.
Day 6: Route 1: The Classic Inca Trail: Walk down Inca steps to Wiñay Wayna and
Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate.
Day 7: Guided tour of Machu Picchu; free time to explore further; return to Cuzco by
train and road.
Day 8: End Cuzco.
- 4 nights hotels in en suite rooms, 3 nights full-service camping with dining and toilet tents,All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners4 nights en suite hotels and 3 nights full-service camping
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. ,Tour leader throughout
- 4 days point-to-point walking with full porterage
- Min. age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 4215m, average 3050m
- 7kg personal weight limit on
- Travel by private bus and by train
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag Inflatable sleeping mat while camping
- Any international flights to/from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Inca Trail tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 79+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Inca Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Inca Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Inca Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.