- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit colonial Quito, the Otavalo Indian market and Cuenca's UNESCO Heritage ReserveOvernight in the peaceful Bellavista Cloud Forest ReserveTwo nights to soak up the sounds of the Amazon RainforestRide the famous 'Devil's Nose' trainVisit the ruins of Ingapirca and Cajas National ParkTake a mangrove boat trip by the Pacific Coast and visit a Cacao plantation
Stunning Andean scenery, colonial architecture, fascinating Indian markets and verdant cloud forests are just the start. Follow the Avenue of the Volcanoes with great views of snow-capped volcanoes such as Cayambe and Chimborazo, before boarding the 'Devil's Nose' train to switchback down the western Andean slopes. In the Amazon Rainforest we discover the jungle and its incredible biodiversity, before ending at the Pacific coast to discover the mangroves by boat and visit a cacao plantation.
Day 1: Start Quito.
Day 2: Quito city tour; Bellavista Cloud Forest Reserve.
Day 3: Spot birds in Bellavista; to hacienda.
Day 4: San Clemente Indigenous Community.
Day 5: Walk at Cuicocha Crater Lake; visit Indian Otavalo.
Day 6: Visit Papallacta Hot Springs; to Amazon Rainforest.
Day 7: Rainforest exploration; AmaZoonico Animal Rescue Centre.
Day 8: To Banos; visit Devil's Couldron waterfall.
Day 9: Walk in Chimborazo N.P.; to Riobamba.
Day 10: 'Devil's Nose' train ride; to Ingapirca and Cuenca.
Day 11: Half day city tour of Cuenca.
Day 12: Walk in Cajas N.P.; to Los Chorreras.
Day 13: Mangrove boat trip; visit cacao plantation.
Day 14: Depart Guayaquil.
- 11 nights comfortable hotels, haciendas and lodge and 2 nights standard lodgeGroup normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrsSeveral areas visited are at high altitudeTravel by minibus, train and boatNapo Wildlife Centre extension available ,13 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinnersAll accommodation All transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughout (if booking incl. flights)Airport arrival transfers
- Any international flights to Quito and from Guayaquil are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Andes to Amazon tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 177 today.
- Earn US$ 118+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Andes to Amazon tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Andes to Amazon tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Andes to Amazon tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.