Ecuador - Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
Ecuador feels like a country that was created after years of practice. Nature reserved some of her beautiful best for Ecuador. The mountain highlands and haciendas are famous for their awe-inspiring wonders and each landmass feels so picture-perfect. Staying in cloud-forest lodges or visiting those timeless villages is perhaps the best thing to do when on a tour to Ecuador. And you also have all kinds of options when it comes to coastal explorations.
The exotic Galapagos, majestic Andes, beautiful Amazon rainforests, 17th century churches, Kichwa villages and much more! A trip to Ecuador often leaves you perplexed for you never know what to leave out from your itinerary. After all, with the things Ecuador country has on offer, you could spend months here.
- Trace Charles Darwin's footsteps on the Galapagos Islands
- Ride in a basket at the Pailon del Diablo (Devil's Cauldron) in Banos
- Swing off the end of the world at Casa Del Arbol
- Hike to Quilotoa Lagoon
- Worship the sun at Templo del Sol Pintor
- Many new visitors to Ecuador do not realise that the currency is, in fact, the United States dollar - and it has been since the year 2000!
- The journey from Quito airport into the city of Quito takes approximately two hours by bus. A taxi will get you there in under an hour and is usually a cheaper alternative if travelling in a group of three or more.
- You simply cannot miss Ecuadorian chocolate (and hot chocolate, even in the summer). This must-try food can be found on nearly any street corner.
- Double check the quality marketplace alpaca products before buying. Sweaters and other products may contain some alpaca fur but are often mostly acrylic. If you're not sure, ask the vendor.
- If you're looking for a wild and exciting holiday in Ecuador, head to the coast where you'll find plenty of parties and surfing. If you want a more relaxing holiday, head inland for charming, quiet towns.
Ecuador has seasonal weather so please do check up on the best time to visit Ecuador before planning your tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in Ecuador, do check out our Ecuador Travel Guide for more information.