Book a visit to Chitwan National Park to experience Nepal’s most fascinating natural treasure trove. This lush reserve features over 900 square kilometers of thick forests, mystic rivers and verdant plains. Holidays in Chitwan National Park will also allow you to discover this country’s impressive wild life, which includes tigers, elephants, rhinos, monkeys and deer.
- Wedged between the Siwalik range and the Mahabharat mountains, Bishazare Taal is a vast oxbow lake system with plenty of thick forests and luscious wetlands. This area is also a prime locations for bird-watching.
- Tharu Cultural Museum is the ideal place to acquaint yourself with the indigenous population of the Chitwan region. This small, yet informative museum will help you learn all about the local heritage and way of life.
- Maula Kalika is an impressive Hindu temple which is believed to have been built in the 16th Over 2,000 winding stairs lead to this beautiful temple, which is one of the favorite spots in the area for sunrise watching.
- Lamo Jharana, meaning 'long waterfall', are 60-meter-tall waterfalls are located in the north of the National Park. The gushing water forms a wide pool at the foot of the falls, making it perfect for a refreshing dip during hot summer days.
- Chitwan National Park is densely forested and notably humid. This is why you should avoid overly stuffy clothes and arm yourself with airy, lightweight fabrics that will protect your skin from irritation and mosquito bites. Remember to also pack bug repellant and high-SPF sunscreen.
- Exotic wildlife is Chitwan National Park’s main draw. Local tour operators offer a wide range of outdoor adventures, including jeep safari, jungle trekking, canoe trips and many others.
- Chitwan National Park remains open throughout the year; however, if you want to increase you chances of spotting various animal life, the best period to visit this reserve runs from October to February.
Nepal has seasonal weather so please do check up on the best time to visit Nepal before planning your tour. If you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in Nepal, do check out our Nepal Travel Guide for more information.