- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Embrace the tastes of four of China's most important food regions – from the imperial cuisine of Beijing, to the Musliminfluenced food of Xi'an, the spicy Sichuan flavours of Chengdu and the international melting pot of Shanghai.
- Nothing beats the flavour of Peking Duck in the city where this iconic dish was born, so treat yourself to a feast with your group in Beijing.
- Savour the spicy flavours of Sichuan, like the fiery, tingling, tonguenumbing sensation of the famous Sichuan Pepper at Chengu’s spice market.
- Get a handson experience with everyone’s favourite Chinese specialties – dumplings – as you learn to make them in Shanghai, China's unofficial dumpling capital.
Visit enigmatic China, where culture, history and cuisine all combine to create a truly mesmerising travel experience. Taste the peppery treats of Sichuan in Chengdu, then enjoy a visit to a small tea-farming village to discover the secrets of this most famous of Chinese beverages. Stay in a monastery in the lofty heights of Emei Shan, and travel to Xi’an to be struck by the magnificent Terracotta Warriors and to learn the art of noodle-making. Explore Beijing’s ancient hutongs to search out some of the city’s best street food, discovering Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. Wander along the Great Wall of China, then board a train to Shanghai, one of the world’s most vibrant cities.
- Guesthouse (1 night), Hotel (8 nights), Overnight Sleeper Train (2 nights)
- 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Train , Private vehicle , Public Bus , Subway , Overnight Sleeper Train
- An expert tour leader
- Chengdu - Market Visit and Sichuan Cooking Class
- Chengdu - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (entrance fee & transport included)
- Emeishan - Tea Farm Visit
- Xi'an - Leader-led Muslim Quarter walking tour
- Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors Tour (entrace fee, transport, local guide included)
- Xi'an - Noodle-making demonstration
- Beijing - Forbidden City (entrance fee included)
- Beijing - Tiananmen Square
- Beijing - Hutong Tour
- Beijing - Traditional Tea Ceremony
- Beijing - Mutianyu Great Wall (entransce fee, transfer included)
- Shanghai - Leader-led walking tour
- Shanghai - Dumpling cooking class
- Any international flights to Chengdu and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this China Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 85+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. In many countries, dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, please advise your agent at time of booking to receive information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed.
- This trip travels on overnight hard sleeper trains on two parts of the journey (Chengdu-Xi'an and Xi'an-Beijing). Train travel in China may not be entirely luxurious, but it's certainly one of the best ways to come face-to-face with the country and its people. It's the main form of transport for locals, so take the chance to interact. An optional upgrade to a soft sleeper berth (4 travellers per compartment with a lockable door) may be available at additional cost at the time of booking.
- We suggest packing relatively lightly for this trip, as you’ll need to be able to comfortably carry your own luggage for the duration of the trip. This includes to and from accommodation, and on and off trains.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions