- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Sabrage a bottle of wine
- Wine tasting at two premium, boutique wine estates
- Drive down the famous coastal Whale Route, visit famous whalewatching spots
When you reach closer to Hermanus, make your ascent into the adjacent Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, known for its dramatic mountain landscapes and endless rows of grape vines. See for yourself why this valley is appropriately named 'Heaven & Earth' in Afrikaans.
This region’s close proximity to the ocean makes it the perfect location for cool-climate varietals, mainly of French, German and Northern Italian descent. Grapes of pinot noir, chardonnay and syrah varieties are all produced in this place. Most of the wineries in the valley are either boutique or small-production facilities but are growing rapidly in terms of recognition.
Stop at three of these wineries to taste the spectacular wines on offer, including at Domaine Des Dieux, the first and only Methode Cap Classique (MCC) producer in Hemel-en-Aarde, famous for its sparkling wine made in the Champagne method. This small-production, premium wine estate boasts stunning views of the valley that you can enjoy sipping their range of award-winning wines.
But that's not all. Get ready to sabrage a bottle of sparkling wine, as one of the tasting-room assistants will supply you with a bottle of bubbles and their famous, life-size sabre with which to pop open the cork. This experience is offered exclusively for Explore Sideways guests and is not to be missed.
Your last stop will be a visit to Creation Winery. Situated high up the Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge near Hermanus, Creation’s vines climb the steep hills of Babylonstoren Mountain to a lofty altitude of 350 meters above the sea level. Here they bask in generous sunlight, dance in the cool breezes blowing in from the nearby Atlantic Ocean and flourish in 450-million-year-old clay loam rich with decomposed Bokkeveld shale.
After you’re done sipping and sabraging wine, your guide will bring you back to your accommodation in Cape Town or Hermanus.
- Pickup and drop-off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town or Hermanus
- Private driver/guide
- Coastal drive along the Cape Whale Route
- Tasting 3 different wines, including a bottle of MCC
- Chance to sabrage a bottle of wine
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure: 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure: 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
3 to 30 days prior to tour departure: 20% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
30 days or more prior to tour departure: 10% cancellation fee will be charged for costs incurred.