Looking for available travel experts
If you are planning to visit South America any time soon, then a trip to Buenos Aires should undoubtedly be somewhere on the top of your list. Wherever you look, the buzzing Latin metropolis offers an enticing blend of local and European influences – from the magnificent architecture to the mouthwatering, meat-centered cuisine. With this in mind, you can rest be assured that a holiday to Buenos Aires is bound to be a delight for all senses.
- La Boca, the place of the early European settlers to Buenos Aires, is an vibrant historical district packed with colorful houses, eye-catching street art and a plethora of cafés, bars and art galleries.
- As one of the most important landmarks of Buenos Aires, Plaza de Mayo commemorates the battle for Argentine independence. Several important buildings surround this monumental square, including the Cabildo and the Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral.
- Casa Rosada, the office of the president of Argentina, is one of the most recognizable symbols of Buenos Aires. It stands out among other buildings due to its trademark baby pink façade.
- Teatro Colón, a stunning opera house which overlooks Plaza de Mayo, is considered to be one of the finest concert avenues in the world.
- Avenida di Mayo is one of the most beautiful streets in Buenos Aires. This grandiose tree-lined thoroughfare is home to many opulent historical buildings.
- If your palate is itching to try some of the famous Argentine meat, then you simply have visit one of grills and steakhouses (also known as parrillas) that are dotted around the streets of Buenos Aires.
- Argentina is known around the globe for being a football-loving nation, and one of the best places to experience this passion is at La Bombonera, stadium of Boca Juniors, the country’s top football club.
- Visitors looking to experience tango, Argentina’s world-famous dance, should definitely hit one of Bueno Aires’ many milongas (tango salons).
Argentina has seasonal weather so please do check up on the best time to visit Argentina before planning your tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in Argentina, do check out our Argentina Travel Guide for more information.