- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Travel through the Silk Road. Learn more about Chinese civilization
- See the mustsee sights of Beijing, including the Great Wall & Forbidden City
- Marvel at the majestic Terracotta Army of Xi'an
- Visit the famous Kashgar Sunday Market and learn more about local life
But before you head into the Chinese interior, we will take you out to see the highlights of Beijing, which includes the famous Great Wall, Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City. Fly to Kashgar, also known as the pearl of the ancient Silk Road, via Urumqi next. Visit the famous Sunday Bazaar in Kashgar. Also see the Id Kah Mosque, a 500-year-old mosque that holds special significance among locals, and take a walk down Kashgar’s old street. See the highlights of Turpan before taking the high-speed train to Dunhuang.
Located on the edge of the Gobi Desert, Dunhuang was once a frontier garrison on the Silk Road. it’s claim to fame rests on the Mogao Caves, a complex of 492 grottoes adorned with Buddhist statuary and frescoes. Next, its time to see the defining symbol of more than two millennia of Chinese history. Travel to Xian and visit the Terracotta Army Museum, home to the Terracotta Army, with your tour guide.
In sharp contrast to this enduring legacy of more than 2,000 years of Chinese history stands Shanghai, your final destination on the itinerary. A modern-day metropolis and China’s financial capital, Shanghai is probably the best place in the country to experience the collision of culture and modernity.
We will drive yo back to the airport on the last day of the tour. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Beijing arrival
Day 2: Beijing city tour
Day 3: Great Wall tour
Day 4: Summer Palace tour & fly to Urumqi
Day 5: Urumqi – Kashgar by airplane
Day 6: Kashgar tour – Urumqi (flight) & drive to Turpan
Day 7: Turpan sightseeing tour
Day 8: Turpan tour – Dunhuang (high-speed train)
Day 9: Dunhuang sightseeing tour
Day 10: Dunhuang city tour & flight to Xian
Day 11: Terracotta Army Museum
Day 12: Xi'an tour & flight to Shanghai
Day 13: Shanghai city tour
Day 14: Shanghai departure
- Meals: 10 breakfast and 6 lunch
- Pickup and drop-off service
- Domestic airfare & train tickets as per the itinerary
- Drivers & air-conditioned vehicles for sightseeing tours
- Hotel accommodation based on twin room sharing
- Professional, English-speaking tour guides
- Entrance fees to the monuments and museums as per the itinerary
- Single room supplement for solo travelers
- International airfare
- China entry visa fees
- Expenses that are personal in nature like laundry and phone calls
- Tips or gratuities for guides and drivers
- Earn US$ 155+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationSingle supplement available on request. Children under 12 will receive a preferential rate available upon request.