- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike more on the Great Wall
- Wild Great Wall Disvoery
The Great Wall at Huangyaguan was first built in the North Qi Dynasty (550–577) over 1,500 years ago, and was restored in the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644). When hiking in this section of Great Wall, you will see various watchtowers built in different shapes, which is only found in Huangyaguan. It is unique in that it has various different-shaped watchtowers.
Gubeikou's section of the Great Wall is composed of two parts: Panlongshan and Wohushan. As Wohushan is completely wild and rugged, usually the hiking route starts at Panlongshan.
1) Nick Cheng was a pleasure to deal with: Prompt, courteous and so approachable. I called him up many times, sometimes even beyond his official hours, but he was always available for me. I'm impressed by his professionalism, and his customized planning of an excellent holiday where I could enjoy the beauty, as well as, the culture of your great country. I grade him 10/10, a marvelous performance indeed!
2) All three guides, Simon, Susan and Anna were very good representatives of your country & its culture. They were informative without being pushy, respected time, allowed us to enjoy the sights and doubled up as friends & photographers when needed! I have fallen in love with your country because I saw many Chinese people were happy and comfortable with the lives they lead.
One week in China was an eye opening experience. I'm amazed & admiring of the changes wrought in the country & would love to visit again, when possible.
Day 1: Arrive in Beijing
Day 2: Hike up to Huangyaguan
Day 3: Hike from Gubeikou to Jinshanling
Day 4: Hike from Jinshanling to Simatai West
Day 5: Hike up to Jiankou
Day 6: Hike from Jiankou to Mutianyu
Day 7: Depart from Beijing
- To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Private Transfers
- 6 Nights Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
- Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Personal Expenses
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Single Room Supplement
- Save US$ 52+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.